PDA

View Full Version : ealier sunsport ghetto gate/surf system has anyone tried (1986 supra sunsport)

06-13-2016, 11:20 AM
I am about to give a try at building my first surf system for my 1986 supra sunsport. I have read a bunch of different threads and some use a wooden piece that attaches to the swim platform (20 degrees) and others use the skate board ramp with Velcro (30 Degrees)to the side of the boat.

has anyone built either for there older sunsports? I'm pretty sure they would both shape up the wake but i cant figure out if one has more push that the other.
I believe I'm gunna try the wooden structure first because i have enough wood laying around and there has been some good reviews.

Any thoughts/pics/videos, would be appreciated

jtryon
06-13-2016, 12:46 PM
here's a thread on my install last year: https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?17502-88-Supra-quot-TREXGate-quot-install&highlight=trex

i'm going to be automating it in a couple weeks for automatic deployment/retraction as well. it works good though. to summarize: deployment angle outward around 12 degrees, surf side weight ~1300lbs, non-surf side weight ~700lbs, front 650lbs. this gives a very surfable wave out to around 15' depending on the rider.