PDA

View Full Version : West Point Lake, GA

cjtpilot
06-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Is anyone familiar with West Point Lake in GA?

inair
06-16-2016, 08:41 AM
My family and I boat there quite often since even though farther away from me in miles, the road is much better and there are typically fewer boaters on the lake. On any given week end, north GA lakes are crowded. At West point I can usually find some place where the water is nice enough to board or ski. Are you planning a trip?

cjtpilot
06-16-2016, 08:59 AM
We are moving to the area and I am looking at the lakes South of Atlanta to move to or to boat on.

Mischief IV
06-16-2016, 11:35 AM
My family and I boat there quite often since even though farther away from me in miles, the road is much better and there are typically fewer boaters on the lake. On any given week end, north GA lakes are crowded. At West point I can usually find some place where the water is nice enough to board or ski. Are you planning a trip?

We are moving to the area and I am looking at the lakes South of Atlanta to move to or to boat on.

You two guys need to hook up sometime. Ya'll both work at the same place now. ATL - Hartsfield Jackson International.

inair
06-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Ha Ha! We do indeed live on the south side and I do work out of Hartsfield. Have you been down to check things out? Things are...well...Southern here! I don't think I could live at West Point for purely personal reasons but I do like to boat there. On the other hand I had a United 747 Capt on my jumpseat a few months ago who is based in SFO and commutes to ATL then drives home to Lagrange which is the biggest town in GA adjacent to West Point lake. He didn't say whether he lives on the water or not..I turned to ask him but he had already fallen asleep :) So it will just depend what you like and what is good for your family. I think driving around and boating there is what will tell you if its for you. I am actually thinking hard about a move to Chattanooga where I hope to be able to be much closer to the water. Since I only have to drive to work once a week, it could be doable.
Right now we live in Peachtree City. It's almost exactly an hour to either West Point or Allatoona.

cjtpilot
06-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Looking at West Point area or Jackson Lake, or anything in between. lol Not so much Peachtree City though.

Jetlink
06-17-2016, 09:24 PM
You two guys need to hook up sometime. Ya'll both work at the same place now. ATL - Hartsfield Jackson International.

And the same company, just different sides of the operation. One fixes them and the other keeps the first busy.

Broke Pilot
06-18-2016, 09:52 AM
I didn't realize there was so much aviation on this forum... Lol

onebadgt
06-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Ha Ha! We do indeed live on the south side and I do work out of Hartsfield. Have you been down to check things out? Things are...well...Southern here! I don't think I could live at West Point for purely personal reasons but I do like to boat there. On the other hand I had a United 747 Capt on my jumpseat a few months ago who is based in SFO and commutes to ATL then drives home to Lagrange which is the biggest town in GA adjacent to West Point lake. He didn't say whether he lives on the water or not..I turned to ask him but he had already fallen asleep :) So it will just depend what you like and what is good for your family. I think driving around and boating there is what will tell you if its for you. I am actually thinking hard about a move to Chattanooga where I hope to be able to be much closer to the water. Since I only have to drive to work once a week, it could be doable.
Right now we live in Peachtree City. It's almost exactly an hour to either West Point or Allatoona.

Have you looked at blue ridge or blairsville? Only about a 1.5 hour drive to Hartsfield and your writhing 20 minutes of three of the best lakes in Ga. Blue Ridge, Chatuge and Nottley.