PDA

View Full Version : Need shaft and strut for an '87 Saltare'

skiman_61
06-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Related to my last two posts. My mechanic tells me ive got a bent strut and maybe the shaft too. Recommendations for a source for replacement? The folks he uses are two weeks out on orders. I'd like to have a shorter window. Thanks!

korey
06-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Discount inboard marine! (www.skidim.com) I did a strut and shaft on my last nautique from their parts. The strut was in stock, shaft had to be cut to length and taper machined, but they pushed their vendor and had parts out the next day for a little rush fee. This was 3 years ago, so YMMV, but call them!

skiman_61
06-15-2016, 02:08 PM
Discount inboard marine! (www.skidim.com) I did a strut and shaft on my last nautique from their parts. The strut was in stock, shaft had to be cut to length and taper machined, but they pushed their vendor and had parts out the next day for a little rush fee. This was 3 years ago, so YMMV, but call them!

Thanks, Korey. Hadn't thought of them. I've had good experiences with that company. Good people.

michael hunter
06-15-2016, 02:51 PM
General Propeller They build the shafts .

skiman_61
06-15-2016, 09:41 PM
What is the shaft length? PCM, big block chevy, Holly 4bbl, Mallory distributor, Velvet drive tranny. Thinking they were'nt sizing them different for each boat that came down the line. The strut is a #14 Supra.