PDA

View Full Version : WTB Supra Mariah throttle/shift cable, Starter Solenoid

lmnelson86
06-20-2016, 08:46 AM
Need a throttle cable for my 1988 Mariah. I was unable to locate any part numbers on the existing cable without removing it. Does anyone know of a place/part number of this cable? My boat will not fully return to idle, I have to lift the dog house cover and fully pull the throttle cable back into place. I have adjusted it and tried lube but it needs to be replaced.

I also need a new starter solenoid, Im assuming west marine will have this but it will be pricey. Anyone have one they have used and recommend?

THANKS!

Luke

lmnelson86
06-20-2016, 09:01 AM
FYI I have the 351 Windsor

Jetlink
06-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Find how the cable is routed from the helm back to the engine, then measure the approximate length and order from skidim. That is what I did for my Comp when it failed.

SquamInboards
06-20-2016, 10:48 AM
If you remove it to measure it, you might find a part number on it then. Otherwise, yeah you can just measure and order. It's nothing specific to Supra or anything, it's a standard Teleflex/Morse control cable available at any marina with a decent parts department. You may need to reuse the end connectors so don't throw away the old cable until you've got the new one working.

The solenoid you could probably get locally, at an auto parts store. Just bring your old one with you and tell them you have a 1988 "Ford F150" with a 351.

lmnelson86
06-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Picked up a solenoid at lunchtime today, hopefully she does the trick

As far as the cable goes, I was just hoping someone could provide me the information so I don't have to down the boat and miss a weekend of use. I'll inspect the cable thoroughly tonight when I change my solenoid.

Jetlink
06-20-2016, 03:41 PM
It's a matter of ordering the cable that gives you enough length to accomplish the job without getting too much. I think I ended up ordering a 19 foot long one for my boat when I had to replace mine years ago.

flipz96
08-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Whats up, Luke?! How's it going? its been a while since I been on here. I've been so busy. Its a shame, I think I've only been out 4 or 5 times this year. Good thing we we have a long hot season here.

I'm probably going to have to change my cable too. I have a alot of play in mine and sometimes have a hard time getting it in neutral to allow me to start. Most of the time when I start, I have to keep in gear, full forward, full back and wiggle it idle position and pull out neutral pin. It works 80% of the time the first time but a few times it takes me awhile doing that procedure over an over again until it works. Its annoying to say the least. I'd be interested on the length cable you end up getting.

lively
08-26-2016, 08:36 AM
Whats up, Luke?! How's it going? its been a while since I been on here. I've been so busy. Its a shame, I think I've only been out 4 or 5 times this year. Good thing we we have a long hot season here.

I'm probably going to have to change my cable too. I have a alot of play in mine and sometimes have a hard time getting it in neutral to allow me to start. Most of the time when I start, I have to keep in gear, full forward, full back and wiggle it idle position and pull out neutral pin. It works 80% of the time the first time but a few times it takes me awhile doing that procedure over an over again until it works. Its annoying to say the least. I'd be interested on the length cable you end up getting.

Did you pull the the selector off and look behind it ? I believe they are adjustable and the cable is ordered by jacket to jacket , not end to end . I bet you can adjust it and be fine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk