PDA

View Full Version : 1988 sunsport bimini dimensions

Moor
06-28-2016, 12:07 PM
Does anyone have the length, width and height measurements for the bimini top on my 1988 sunsport? It's a long overdue addition, and i'm trying to get one ordered today for the upcomming holiday weekend. I forgot to take the measurements yesterday when i have the boat cover off.

I'm trying to get the largest bimini i can fit, has anyone ever gone with a larger than stock bimini?

If anyone has one for sale, please PM me. thanks

jbousman88
06-29-2016, 08:53 AM
So I ordered one on amazon and it was only 100 bucks with free 2 day shipping if you have prime. I believe mine is for 75 to 79 beam length. I was worried about durability with as cheap as the price was but its made out of a awesome fabric and came with rear metal poles, all the hardware, and straps for the front. Overall I am very please with the price and easy to install as well.

Moor
06-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Can you post a link Jbousman88? I'm not trying to spend an arm and a leg, just want some shade on the boat during the hot sunny days. I have all next week off and a great stretch of weather, so i'll be getting lots of boat time.

Poorhouse
06-29-2016, 10:50 AM
So I ordered one on amazon and it was only 100 bucks with free 2 day shipping if you have prime. I believe mine is for 75 to 79 beam length. I was worried about durability with as cheap as the price was but its made out of a awesome fabric and came with rear metal poles, all the hardware, and straps for the front. Overall I am very please with the price and easy to install as well.

Good deal.

I spent about 4 times that much on an all stainless Carver bimini with Sunbrella fabric.

I will say the quality is fantastic and it has been a great addition to the boat.

jbousman88
06-29-2016, 01:49 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-SKY1161-Waterproof/dp/B0051WVPB0/ref=sr_1_5?s=boating-water-sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1467222476&sr=1-5&keywords=bimini+top

This is the one I ended up going with but it only comes in Grey with black trim. Worked out nice for me since my boat was grey and black.
Hope this helps at least a little bit.

Moor
06-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Yes that helps, thanks. i just bought a similar one, but in a larger size. There was a cheaper one, but it didn't have rear support poles so i stayed away from that one. What boat did you install yours on? Should have it for the weekend.

jbousman88
06-29-2016, 05:59 PM
Put it on an 86 Sunsport and it looks great.