PDA

View Full Version : Saltare back in the water.... and back out....

wotan2525
08-16-2007, 09:35 PM
So if anyone around here remembers me (if you don't do a search for my posts and read about the nightmare I had with my boat) -- you know that I've been through everything possible. 2 weeks ago I was back on the water and in fine form.....

drive train:
Engine rebuilt
Transmission serviced
new drive shaft coupler
new drive shaft
new drive shaft strut
new prop
new control cables
edelbrock carb

interior:
ALL new stringers.
ALL new floor.
ALL new interior wood/playpen.
new rear seat, 4x12" subs under the seat, 2500+ watts in the rear storage area
new upholstery

exterior:
still working on the 2-stage aquabuff, first stage AMAZED me. removed almost all the cloudy looking gelcoat and made it shine again. hopefully the polishing stage will bring it back to a mirror finish

I originally began this project with the intent of fixing it up to sell it -- but I wanted it done right. I didn't want what happened to me to happen to the next guy. Now, with the money invested and the condition of the boat I will probably keep it. It's running fantastic. Was out of the water for 18 months and I literally know every bolt on the damn thing.

Of course like any boat owner knows.... there will always be problems..... it has been drought conditions here lately and the water level is very low. I hit bottom yesterday and roached a brand new acme prop. One fin is pretty taco'd so we'll see if my guy can fix it.