PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram for 1985 Supra Comp PCM 351W with original Prestolite points.

MarbleFalls
07-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Hey Guys, my first post. I suckered myself into a boat purchase and of course found what most of you discovered: rotted deck, foam holding water and stringer damage. Before I commit myself too far I need to get this engine running. The guy I bought it from had zero mechanical ability. He's messed up some wiring and not getting spark after replacing lots of components. So ... I'm in need of an electrical wiring diagram to begin troubleshooting. Can anyone help? [email protected]

1984compjohn
07-03-2016, 04:04 AM
Wish I could help with the diagram, I have an 84 supra comp and having engine issues as well. Noticed your user name as marblefalls. You in marble falls tx? I grew up in Spicewood, live in round rock now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlaosa
07-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Hey guys I live in round rock too and have a engine wiring diagram but can't seem to upload it to the page. Let me know if you'd like to meet up and I'll give you a copy of it.

michael hunter
07-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Check and see if you have power to the positive side of the coil using a test light.

MarbleFalls
07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Wish I could help with the diagram, I have an 84 supra comp and having engine issues as well. Noticed your user name as marblefalls. You in marble falls tx? I grew up in Spicewood, live in round rock now

Hey, yes I do live in Marble Falls near both of you guys.

MarbleFalls
07-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Check and see if you have power to the positive side of the coil using a test light.

Yes Sir, I do have power to the positive side of the coil.

1984compjohn
07-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Sweet, you get your boat worked out? Mine is having crazy issues. Runs great in neutral in all rpms but as soon as you put it in gear it's jumpy, surging, stalls out if I don't get into the throttle quickly. After 2k rpms it runs like a champ. Takes me forever to get to boat ramp once in no wake zone cause it won't idle in gear worth a damn

MarbleFalls
07-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Try bypassing the neutral safety switch yet?

crystal waters
07-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Try bypassing the neutral safety switch yet?

P M me your email address and I Will send you pics of 89 comp wiring diagram.
Shud be same or very close