PDA

View Full Version : 1984 comp ts6m runs like crap under 2000rpms

1984compjohn
07-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Hey guys and gals, new to the forum so bare with me, I have a 84 comp with 351w that I purchased couple months ago. Been nothing but problems, mostly with fiberglass and ripping out the eye let out of the back of boat pulling a tube. Main issue is I got carb rebuilt by marine shop in Austin tx cause it was flooding when engine was warm and turned off. Ran great one weekend afterwards now it won't run very well starting from idle in gear to about 2000rpms after that she runs like a bat outta hell. I've changed the spark plugs and wires as they looked bad. Problem still persist. Boat does have the upgraded electronics. Distrib is blue, assuming it's the pertronics. Any help or insight would be great as the frustration is getting out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarbleFalls
07-05-2016, 12:47 AM
Check both of your fuel filters, your inline and the one in the carb where your fuel line enters. Let us know what you find that resolves your problem. Love mysteries!

1984compjohn
07-05-2016, 01:02 AM
That's my plan when I get back to Austin on Tuesday night. I working in the patch down here on the border by piedras negras Mexico. Also going to double check wires to correct plugs and timing. I love mysteries too, as long as it doesn't interfere with my ski time on my first boat haha. Only if I had scooby doo's number!!!

1984compjohn
07-05-2016, 01:07 AM
What's your status on your boat marblefalls?

michael hunter
07-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Sounds like a rich carb issue to me. Is it blowing out black smoke at lower speed?