PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Water Separator

ACF
08-17-2007, 10:16 AM
My 1988 Comp has the older canister filter and the alluminum cup is about gone due to corrosion. I want to replace with a spin on. Does anyone have suggestions about which brand works best, or who has the better deal ? Also, since the boat has sat so long, I want to put a fresh fuel pump in it before hitting the lake. I have found several brands of those with a pretty wide range of price, so have the same two questions.

alabamawaterbum
08-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I have a 99' Legacy and replaced my fuel system for the same reasons you mentioned. I wanted all new so I would KNOW my system was reliable and clean.

I went with a Carter Electric Marine Fuel pump $113 from summitracing.com. Mainly because it fit the location of my 350 Indmar.

I used the Water Separator ($25 for new brackets and $6 for the filter) from Walmart and an inline clear plastic Fuel Filter ($5) from Advanced Auto Parts. I like the clear plastic housing because it lets me see the filter integrity and gas inside.

I also put in a new SS Braided fuel line up to the Carberator mainly because it looks cool. I got that from my local Seco Performance store, but you can also buy them from Summit Racing.

2 yrs and no problems so far.

Good Luck
WaterBum