PDA

View Full Version : Swim platform questions.

micscottj
07-04-2016, 07:50 PM
I just bought a 2006 Launch 20 ssv and the swim platform has a crack on one side and one of the brackets is broken around the pin hole.

So i have a couple of questions. can the entire platform be replaced at a reasonable price? if not, where can i get the bracket?

leetudor
07-04-2016, 09:48 PM
http://www.alloymarine.com/indexII/swimdeck.htm

Larrys21V
07-17-2016, 12:50 PM
If you decide you need a new swim platform, I have one for sale. it is black and in good condition. One of the brackets also is open around the pin hole, but with your one good one and my one good one, you would be good to go. I am asked $900 for the platform,

Let me know if you are interested

Regards
Larry

MJHKnox
07-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Bracket - I would call a dealer. If they are not close, you can have it mailed to you. I would replace it vs. getting it welded. There are also some places online with aftermarket items. I know guys that bought platforms and had brackets made for their cig boats.

The new surf platforms will be a little over $1K (w/o and brackets). They can match your boat color and you can get the SeaDec mat on top. Pricey? Yes, but they are MUCH nicer than the old style.

Used platform would be lower. I bought a new surf platform for my boat and sold the old one on CL. It was a local purchase b/c the shipping would be too much.

MJHKnox
07-18-2016, 09:50 AM
If you decide you need a new swim platform, I have one for sale. it is black and in good condition. One of the brackets also is open around the pin hole, but with your one good one and my one good one, you would be good to go. I am asked $900 for the platform,

Let me know if you are interested

Regards
Larry

Are you trying to sell an older style platform for $900?
With or without brackets?