PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Supra Comp w/fuel issue

Deadlygt22
07-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Hello all! So I've got a 1987 Supra Comp with a 351w and Holley carb. Carb has been rebuilt. My question is, is there a website where I can buy oem parts or are most parts interchangeable like say at auto zone. I'm needing a fuel pump. I've Googled and keep coming up with nothing. If parts are interchangeable, what's a good vehicle I could tell them at the parts store? 80s model f150 with a 351w? Thanks so much in advance!

Moor
07-11-2016, 02:38 PM
http://www.skidim.com/Mechanical/products/1058/

im more of a chevy guy, but i'm pretty sure just about any small block ford mechanical fuel pump should work. I don't think there's an issue using an automotive fuel pump.

michael hunter
07-12-2016, 07:22 AM
A marine fuel pump will have a hose from the vent on the pump to the carb. Its not advisable to use automotive parts on a boat.

Moor
07-12-2016, 03:23 PM
A marine fuel pump will have a hose from the vent on the pump to the carb. Its not advisable to use automotive parts on a boat.

I know some Automotive parts are ok to use for a marine application, i wasn't sure about the fuel pump. I know starts, carbs, alternators, distributors are a no no. I forgot about the vent hose on the fuel pump. Thanks for the clarification, i'd hate to misinform someone.