PDA

View Full Version : Dual battery acr setup

torch
07-12-2016, 01:12 PM
I have an 05 21v with the dual battery setup and the acr (I think it's called) with the 1,2,1&2 or off selections. Anybody have good info on how everything should be connected and what switch setting to use so that music doesn't prevent me from starting the boat if sitting too long. Never had a problem but I am just curious if connected properly. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wotan2525
07-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Sounds like you just have a PERKO switch and not an ACR. You'll need to manually flip between battery banks 1 and 2 depending on what you are doing. Usually (I'd trace the wires and confirm) you would want to start the boat on Switch 1 and then flip to Switch 2 if you are using the stereo with the boat off. This protects Bank 1 from draining and preventing the boat from starting. Once the boat is running you can switch to the 1+2 position which (in theory) should charge both banks at the same time.

Wylietunes
07-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Could possibly have an ACR/VSR, even though the conventional 1/2/BOTH/OFF switch is, well, unconventional with that switch. If so, that would really change how that switch could be used, compared to the more traditional setup of just the switch.