PDA

View Full Version : Bow Ballast Bags not filling....

PatMacC
07-21-2016, 05:07 PM
Hello,

I have a 2014 SA350. Loving it! Just got it at the end of last season, and still trying to dial in the surf wake.
I have the hard ballast tanks, plus a bag on each side of the motor, and large U shaped bag under the bow seats. Last weekend I happened to look under the seats when the tanks were supposed to be full (100% in Port, Center and Stbd), and I found that the ballast bags were empty. I assume the bow ballast bags fill with the "Center"?

I'd prefer not to take it to the dealer, even though it's technically under warranty. Too few days on the water already without having it tied up in a shop.....

When I go into the Ballast and SmartPlate settings, all three zones are set at 4 min 30 sec for fill/drain. Should I just increase the time for the Center zone? Is there any way I can tell if the center zone hard tanks are filling?

Thanks!
Pat

SuperchargedC6
07-22-2016, 12:13 PM
You just have to adjust the timer in the settings. What I do is jack up the time to 11 mins or so and set my timer on my watch. When water is coming out of the vent on the side of the boat, I know what my fill time is.

PatMacC
07-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Cool - thanks. I'll try that.
My vent is on the bottom of the boat, though.... I guess I'll just wait until the bag look full.

PatMacC
07-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks!! That worked.