PDA

View Full Version : Trailer drag - bracket near bow not rudder/prop

Nanny San
07-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Having problems when backing 24 Supra Launch SSV into driveway. Incline is not terribly steep but front trailer bracket near bow of boat scrapes when backing in or pulling out. No problems with rudder/prop area.
Any suggestions? Thinking about getting a higher trailer ball but don't want to go so high that we start dragging the back rudder/prop area.
Just bought our new/used Supra and love it! Thanks!

gogger
07-21-2016, 10:56 PM
Never have had an issue dragging the front of the trailer. What are you towing with? How much of a drop are you using? How high does it sit from the ground when on flat ground? I will measure mine and let you know how it sits. Probalby won't be until Sunday though.

middlegriff1
07-22-2016, 10:33 AM
You can go with a block lift kit from autozone. My trailer as well as a few buddies have had to do this due to our crossmembers scraping on our boat ramp.

Nanny San
07-22-2016, 11:44 PM
Towing with a F150 4x4. 2" drop. I need to measure it sitting flat on the ground and will reply. Also I'll check out the block lift kit from Autozone. Thanks look forward to your measurements. Will be taking it out of the slip tomorrow
to bring home for a couple of days. Going to take some pictures!
Sure do love it!