PDA

View Full Version : Potential Platform Problem - 2006 20 SSV - Anyone else??

daver3454
09-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I noticed a potential problem with the my platform this weekend while peering down the space between the platform and the boat's back. There are two mounts under the platform to the the boat. They appear to be a couple inches square and black rubber/plastic. I'm assuming it's two pieces because it looks like there is glue line around each of these. One of the two is separating and not as tight as the other. Has anyone else noticed this?

I also noticed over the past couple weekends that the auto-bilge will kick on after a while when the boat is lowered off the lift into the water and before the boat is even taken out for a ride.

If that platform mount comes separated does that leave an opening into the hull??

OUI
09-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Sounds like you're taking on a lot of water and in hurry. If the platform brackets are sperating from the transome you have a problem that needs to be fixed. As long as you're on the lift or under way there's no water coming in. If you're not moving water is coming in -- and quickly. I'd pull the boat and take a closer look. It could be simple or it could a mess, but you wouldn't know until you take a closer look.

Good Luck.

DKJBama92Mariah
09-10-2007, 12:21 PM
That is bad! Time to take it to the dealer and get it looked at ASAP. If water is coming in through the mount holes for the platform, it is most certainly soaking the foam in the transom, which can cause many serious problems such as loss of structural integrity and delamination of the fiberglass.

This isn't the first time i've heard of this. It seems some of the newer ones have the swim platform brackets attached to the transom with lag screws as opposed to through-bolting with load distributing plates on the inside.

You SERIOUSLY need to talk to someone at Supra and get this problem dealt with sooner rather than later.

I hate to say it, but it may be time to go ahead and haul out and end the season early. This is not something you can just get to later. Also, i would go ahead and pull the pins and remove the platform from the brackets to prevent any further damage. You'll want to at least do this once its on the trailer or you risk leaving your platform in the middle of the highway.

DKJ