PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Sunsport 22V - Should I Buy?

SupraCLT
07-24-2016, 09:11 AM
Hey folks, brand new to the forum. I have been in the market for a shiny new toy for about a year and think today I found the ride but wanted to get the opinion from those who know. I have found a 2010 22v with the upgraded tower, cockpit heater, tower speakers and sub with 120 hours on the 340 indmar motor. Dealer wants 45k with no trailer. From everything I can find this seems to be A STEAL. Gel-coat is in great shape, vinyl looks practically brand new and she runs great. I think one of the ballast pumps is bad so that will have to be replaced but other than that I am seeing no real issues. My plan is to get some sacks from wake makers to load up the weight a bit and turn her into a surf machine (haven't decided on wave control vs. one of the suck-gate options.) So should I pull the trigger?

Thanks for your feedback guys, looking forward to becoming a card carrying member of the supra community.

blackout_58
07-24-2016, 10:50 PM
Be sure to test drive it first, otherwise the deal seems legit as long as you don't need a trailer. Post some pics!

markthered
07-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Hey folks, brand new to the forum. I have been in the market for a shiny new toy for about a year and think today I found the ride but wanted to get the opinion from those who know. I have found a 2010 22v with the upgraded tower, cockpit heater, tower speakers and sub with 120 hours on the 340 indmar motor. Dealer wants 45k with no trailer. From everything I can find this seems to be A STEAL. Gel-coat is in great shape, vinyl looks practically brand new and she runs great. I think one of the ballast pumps is bad so that will have to be replaced but other than that I am seeing no real issues. My plan is to get some sacks from wake makers to load up the weight a bit and turn her into a surf machine (haven't decided on wave control vs. one of the suck-gate options.) So should I pull the trigger?

Thanks for your feedback guys, looking forward to becoming a card carrying member of the supra community.

I have a 2011 Launch 22V I bought last summer, and I love it. We surf, board, tube, and ski behind it, and we love the layout and the roomy interior.

MJHKnox
07-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Be sure to test drive it first, otherwise the deal seems legit as long as you don't need a trailer. Post some pics!

Never heard of anyone purchasing a used boat w/o a test drive or compression check.
Super low engine hours, so it should be AOK. Compression check would not hurt.
That is a good hull. Many posts on the 22V. Many surfs great for the 2007.
Ballast pumps are cheap in the overall scheme.
You can always add-on a trailer if you need one.
The dealer would probably deliver an untrailered boat it to a marina or lift at a house.
Price is fine.

SupraCLT
07-26-2016, 08:03 AM
Never heard of anyone purchasing a used boat w/o a test drive or compression check.
Super low engine hours, so it should be AOK. Compression check would not hurt.
That is a good hull. Many posts on the 22V. Many surfs great for the 2007.
Ballast pumps are cheap in the overall scheme.
You can always add-on a trailer if you need one.
The dealer would probably deliver an untrailered boat it to a marina or lift at a house.
Price is fine.

I've test driven, it seems to be running really smoothly, we're working on finding a mechanic to give the thing a once-over.
I don't need a trailer, boat is currently on the same lake where it will be living so thats actually a perk ;)
Thanks so much for the feedback!

SupraCLT
08-06-2016, 07:26 PM
It's been purchased and is currently getting upgraded sacks (1100s in the rear lockers) and a couple repairs (remanned prop and impellers replaced.) Mission delta has been ordered and I'll get some pictures up once she's on the water, maybe next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4alkings
08-06-2016, 08:45 PM
It's been purchased and is currently getting upgraded sacks (1100s in the rear lockers) and a couple repairs (remanned prop and impellers replaced.) Mission delta has been ordered and I'll get some pictures up once she's on the water, maybe next week

Congratulations, and welcome to the family. Sounds like you're well on your way to making it a surfing machine. I'd love to hear your impression of the mission delta once you get a chance to try it out.

SupraCLT
08-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Congratulations, and welcome to the family. Sounds like you're well on your way to making it a surfing machine. I'd love to hear your impression of the mission delta once you get a chance to try it out.

Will do, I hope to launch her Friday night and all things going well will post photos of the wave.

SupraCLT
08-23-2016, 03:40 PM

Got her out on the water and started playing with various arrangements for the sacks and Delta. Got a pretty good regular wave the first night but then really got her dialed in on the goofy side Sunday AM. This is with 1100s in the rear lockers and the 400 up front 50% full. Still have a ton of work to do to get dialed in however my initial impression of the delta is its a LEGIT surf tool. Going to try listing a little bit to surf-side next to see if we can get some more push.

4alkings
08-23-2016, 04:28 PM
I think push is the hardest thing to dial in. Producing a large wave is fairly easy. Lengthening it and getting the needed push is where the real work begins.

ngavchris
08-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Awesome boat!!! Welcome to the family.

jaywidhalm
08-25-2016, 12:51 AM
Yes, welcome! I love my 08'

lorijenvey
08-30-2016, 07:53 PM
Try more weight in the front. That's a lot of weight in the back!

SupraCLT
08-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Try more weight in the front. That's a lot of weight in the back!

Getting weight in the front right now is a challenge, can't upgrade the front sack. Might try a borrowed fat sack up there to see if it helps with the wash tho.

jfintexas
08-30-2016, 09:39 PM
Very nice engineering!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lorijenvey
08-31-2016, 12:44 AM
Getting weight in the front right now is a challenge, can't upgrade the front sack. Might try a borrowed fat sack up there to see if it helps with the wash tho.

At first we used the old sacs from the back with a tsunami pump until we got the bow sacs. Was still an improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Henridog
07-11-2017, 01:40 PM
I own a 2010 Sunsport 22V Worlds Edition with approx. 250 hrs on it. We love the boat I run 750's in the back and a 400 in the compartment in the front. I went out and bought a few extra sacks to help weight it down more. An additional 400, and 2 - 150's (Bricks). There quick to fill and definitely help out with the length of the wake. I just ordered the Mission Delta Wake Shaper yesterday. I'm looking forward to see how much it helps with the wake. If you have any tips as to where to place it I'd appreciate it.

SupraCLT
07-11-2017, 02:09 PM
I own a 2010 Sunsport 22V Worlds Edition with approx. 250 hrs on it. We love the boat I run 750's in the back and a 400 in the compartment in the front. I went out and bought a few extra sacks to help weight it down more. An additional 400, and 2 - 150's (Bricks). There quick to fill and definitely help out with the length of the wake. I just ordered the Mission Delta Wake Shaper yesterday. I'm looking forward to see how much it helps with the wake. If you have any tips as to where to place it I'd appreciate it.

She's purty man, love that graphic! Since my original post I've figured out a few things. First off I am running an extra 500 in a piggy back sack under the front seats. I run the 1100s full, the belly and bow sacks 50-100% full depending how many people we have. We actually lost our delta (it sank after the leash broke) and so we're using a nauticurl now. For the delta I found placing the suction cups about 1 inch above the "crease" on the side of the boat about 1' forward of the platform worked best. That was in the "fin back" position. You want the fin poking out of the water just a little when sitting still so your probably going to be higher on the hull than I was due to less weight. Whenever we are running a full crew I find a little bit of list to the surf side helped stand the wave up more.

I can get a 3' swell with 2 people and a rider, closer to 4' when running with a full crew.

Henridog
07-12-2017, 10:27 AM
I'm curious. What make and type of sack are you running under the front seats. I'm going to looking at a bow sack today.

SupraCLT
07-12-2017, 10:29 AM
I'm curious. What make and type of sack are you running under the front seats. I'm going to looking at a bow sack today.

I believe it's a fly high Bow sack. It's a 500 lbs bag. There are a couple good options on wake makers, but I confirm the specific sack when I go up to the boat this weekend

MJHKnox
07-14-2017, 12:19 AM
I believe it's a fly high Bow sack. It's a 500 lbs bag. There are a couple good options on wake makers, but I confirm the specific sack when I go up to the boat this weekend

Pretty sure that's what I put in my 2007 SSV 22'.
Mine does not fill all the way.

I have 1100s in the back.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

SupraCLT
07-14-2017, 08:27 AM

I am not as familiar with the SSV but in the '10 22V it fills pretty well.

MJHKnox
07-14-2017, 05:05 PM

One is a Sunsport, the other is a Launch.
Probably the same hull on the bottom.

SupraCLT
07-14-2017, 05:08 PM
One is a Sunsport, the other is a Launch.
Probably the same hull on the bottom.

Totally, but the ssv has a playpen vs walk through on the sun sport I thought, figured that may change the under seat storage.

Henridog
07-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Totally, but the ssv has a playpen vs walk through on the sun sport I thought, figured that may change the under seat storage.

Thanks for all the info. I looked at the 500lb bow sack and it was gonna be a little tight under the seats. I have a extra 400lb sack I just lay between the front seats that works well.
I bought a new Delta and tried it out for the first time yesterday. Wow what a difference. Totally different wake with it on. Plan on playing around with it this weekend to find the best spot to place it.