PDA

View Full Version : A lot of water after pulling plug

torch
08-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Just loaded my 05 21V on trailer tonight to take to another lake. Pulled plug and a lot of water came rushing out. Maybe drained steady for about 3-4 minutes.

Any initial thoughts on what may cause this? I do notice bulge will run every once in while when we are sitting on beach or parked at dock but never worried much about that.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on what I may want to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gogger
08-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Did you fill any ballast bags? Connections could be leaking. I would check the engine compartment while on the water with the engine running. There could be a leaking hose connection on the engine or the raw water pump. Also could be leaking from the manifolds or numerous other places. Prop shaft or rudder also. But hopefully it is something simple.

torch
08-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Thanks, I did use ballast tanks often this past week. Will be on water Wednesday and check the engine compartment while running

CornRickey
08-02-2016, 01:10 AM
If no obvious leaks are seen then it is more than likely the shaft seal that needs to be adjusted.

torch
08-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Just to update everyone. My bilge pump had failed as it turned out. I picked up a new one and installed. While I was at it I decided to replace impeller. Old one looked good but why not since I was in the area for the bilge. Got the boat back on lake and found it was the prop shaft leaking at the packing nut. I got that tightened up and everything is working again. Thanks for everyone's help!