PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank '87 Salt

skiman_61
08-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Anyone know of a fix for the spitting issue when fueling? I've had the boat for 18 years now, and it's starting to get on my nerves. I try to fill slow and cover the hole with a rag, but sometimes it's a challenge.

Jetlink
08-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I installed this in my Comp when I had it all split apart and so far the two times that I have filled up at the pump it appears to have helped.

http://www.skidim.com/SURGE-PROTECTOR-FUEL-VENT-LINE/productinfo/5902956/

skiman_61
08-07-2016, 08:43 AM
I put one on the vent line years ago. It fixed that problem. I'm talking about blowback on the fuel input line. If you fill slow it's less of an issue. A pain no less, to have gas spewing. Wasteful and messy.

wotan2525
08-07-2016, 02:20 PM
I never had an issues except for a vent that became clogged with wax. Is your vent clear?

Wulphie
08-07-2016, 06:38 PM
I put one on the vent line years ago. It fixed that problem. I'm talking about blowback on the fuel input line. If you fill slow it's less of an issue. A pain no less, to have gas spewing. Wasteful and messy.

I have the same problem on my Pirata. The inlet on the gas tank points horizontally towards the back of the boat so the hose that connects to the gas fill fitting has a very sharp bend to the point it is almost kinked, it becomes hydro-locked very easily. Some day when I have a minute I will tig weld a stainless 90 degree fitting to put in there, of course I have been saying that since 2014 when I discovered exactly what the problem was.

skiman_61
08-08-2016, 09:15 PM
I never had an issues except for a vent that became clogged with wax. Is your vent clear?

I'll double check that. Always been a problem. No kinks in the line. Straight shot.

Jetlink
08-08-2016, 11:34 PM

My boat would spit out both the vent and the fuel fill port, since I installed it, no more issues thus far. I also ran all new hose and cleaned up the tank and the routing of the hoses as well.