PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to fix / conceal old board rack mounting holes in wakeboard tower?

tretter7
08-10-2016, 06:49 PM
A previous owner had some other kind of wakeboard racks mounted on this boat. I just took off some different ones to mount the hydrofoil rack pictured, and now the old hack job mounting holes (http://imgur.com/a/T48dX) are really visible.

My first thought was to keep it simple: maybe I could slit some heat shrink tubing, superglue it back together, and it would look okay. But it sounds like heat shrink doesn't splice lengthwise very well. It might be possible to make 2 aluminum plates that would rivet on to the sides... that could look nice if I threw the boat logo on it or something, but it's a lot of work for a cosmetic problem.

Anyone have any simple but elegant solutions to fix this up?

SquamInboards
08-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Wow, I was imagining just some small holes you could put a bolt in with a cap nut... but yeah I think a little aluminum plate will be the easiest solution that won't fall apart over time.

tretter7
08-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Yeah, the old rack used to cover it up pretty well, especially once the boards were on. Now it's pretty much right in your face.

lively
08-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Take it to somebody that knows how to weld aluminum or that has a spool gun , I would just buy a whole new bar in that way you didn't see any patch job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk