PDA

View Full Version : replacement door pin

08-12-2016, 07:25 PM
looking for a replacement boat pin for the supra conbrio 1989...any suggestions?

michael hunter
08-12-2016, 09:21 PM
What is a door pin?

crystal waters
08-12-2016, 10:26 PM
looking for a replacement boat pin for the supra conbrio 1989...any suggestions?

Boat pin?
Door pin?
Regardless of which one pls descibe its use or better yet a pic if you have one

08-12-2016, 10:38 PM
The pin for the swing door to the bow. The last owner took it off and cannot not find it. Says he is looking but I don't want to risk not having one , so I am looking for a replacement

I was told this was called a door and not a windshield by the glass manufacturer

crystal waters
08-13-2016, 09:36 AM
The pin for the swing door to the bow. The last owner took it off and cannot not find it. Says he is looking but I don't want to risk not having one , so I am looking for a replacement

I was told this was called a door and not a windshield by the glass manufacturer

At the very least should be able to have one machined for you to fit the hinge.

08-14-2016, 12:51 PM
and where would i do that?

08-17-2016, 02:06 PM
any ideas on where i can get this done? the previous owner cannot find this pin

Poorhouse
08-17-2016, 02:13 PM
any ideas on where i can get this done? the previous owner cannot find this pin

Can you take a pic of where the missing piece would go?

My boat also has the hinged glass "door" for access to the bow. It doesn't have a pin but a butterfly latch to attach the non hinged side to the fixed windshield when closed.

I would think something similar could be found at a hardware store.

If your has a latch with a loop that a locking pin slides through a machine shop with a metal lathe could fabricate one.

08-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Here is the pic... It is the long pin17652

Poorhouse
08-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Interesting, that is the hinge pin that is missing.

The hinge is a part of the frame so isn't serviced independently.

That wouldn't be a machine shop item. You could probably find the right gauge wire or rod that would snugly fit.

Before doing that I would call skidim and ask them if they have replacements or any ideas.

http://www.skidim.com/