PDA

View Full Version : 06' Comp 20 Propeller, Fuel, water seperator

Osprey
09-10-2007, 08:11 PM
What size four blade propeller should I purchase for the boat? Makes? Does anyone have a water seperator/fuel filter on there boat? Thanks for any info.

ondwater
09-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Have heard of great results with a 13x13 prop.
Also we have an 06 launch 20 and have already had to replace the cheap fuel filter. It is a pain to get to and does not last(less than 100 hrs).
I know fuel quality is an issue but I have heard of at least three other owners with the same issues and on different lakes.
I am trying to find a spot in the engine compartment to mount a fuelfilter water seperator combo. Just so I dont have to take the whole rear ski loker out of the boat to change a fuel filter....
C-ya

Pdowling1
09-13-2007, 08:50 PM
I'll second the 13X13, I am using a 4 blade Ambush, much better all around than the original prop. I agree the fuel filter location "sucks". I hope to find a better location for a seperator this Winter.

ACF
09-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Did I read correctly that they put the fuel filter/separator under the ski locker ??? Wonder what they were smoking when they decided that was a good place. On the older boats, at least on my COMP, the filter/separator was mounted on the port side stringer forward of the engine mount. This location is easy to access. I haven't seen under the hood on a newer boat, so I don't know what is in the way, but surely there is room for a filter somewhere in there.

Osprey
09-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Sounds like the 13 X 13 is the way to go. Is it LH and 1" diameter? Am also going to look for a spot to mount the fuel water seperator in the engine compartment. Has to be easier than ripping out the rear seat to install the tower, what a treat that was!

IndyMatt
10-13-2007, 08:58 AM
The 13x13 1" was the factory prop on my sunsport; No complaints. I also picked up a 13x13 1" 3blade that is almost exact in lines of RPM & Top end- Think i loose a little in hole shot (bite) but thats expected.

Venshnub
06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Any feedback on how the 4 blade performed vs the 3? I also have an 06 comp and would like to purchase a new prop.

tg0824SSVGG
06-05-2009, 12:43 PM
THere are so many factors involved in Prop Selection.

I live at 5000 feet above Sea Level, my prop needs are going to be very
different from someone at a different elevation, whether your boat is
heavier/lighter than mine, etc.

It also matters what you're after, better holeshot performance, or more top-end
speed? (hard to have both).

My suggestion is that you get with a prop dealer (I don't have a recommendation here)
and discuss what your needs are, what boat you have, how much it weighs, do you
often load up the ballast and people?

I use an OJ Nibral four-blade, but it's what came on the boat - was the "wakeboard upgrade" prop (actually, I have 2 of them) - but as this is my first inboard, I just
took the advice of the dealer - all I knew was that I needed the prop for higher altitude.

Good Luck.