PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Supra 21V Launch how much weight for surfing

Monesty
08-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Boat is a 2009 Supra Launch 21V. Trying to figure out if I need more ballast to improve my wave for surfing. My current setup: Go Surf Assist Tabs (they work great really cleaned up the wave) 2 X 900 lbs bags either side of the motor, one 800 lb page in the ski locker from the windshield forward (probably only fill to 700 or 750 lbs). The wake is nice but seems to have very little push for heavier riders. My 12 year old son can stay on it for as long as he wants. I weigh 200 lbs and have trouble sitting in the pocket without the rope. I can go slack on the rope for a seconds at a time. I am thinking of adding more weight to the bow. Either 600 or 800 lbs above the seats to try and a get more length and push. I have also raised the swim platform about 2.5 Inches so its not dragging in the wake. I have been playing with speed over the weekend using my GPS, and not a lot of difference between 10 and 12 MPH.

Anyone else surfing a 09 Launch that can share ballast configuration?? If I add more bags need to use a auxiliary pump.

Thanks for the help.

MJHKnox
08-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Boat is a 2009 Supra Launch 21V. Trying to figure out if I need more ballast to improve my wave for surfing. My current setup: Go Surf Assist Tabs (they work great really cleaned up the wave) 2 X 900 lbs bags either side of the motor, one 800 lb page in the ski locker from the windshield forward (probably only fill to 700 or 750 lbs). The wake is nice but seems to have very little push for heavier riders. My 12 year old son can stay on it for as long as he wants. I weigh 200 lbs and have trouble sitting in the pocket without the rope. I can go slack on the rope for a seconds at a time. I am thinking of adding more weight to the bow. Either 600 or 800 lbs above the seats to try and a get more length and push. I have also raised the swim platform about 2.5 Inches so its not dragging in the wake. I have been playing with speed over the weekend using my GPS, and not a lot of difference between 10 and 12 MPH.

Anyone else surfing a 09 Launch that can share ballast configuration?? If I add more bags need to use a auxiliary pump.

Thanks for the help.

Welcome. Did you try searching this thread on the topic? I know it has been discussed on here or in another section like General Chat or Supra Mods.

If I recall, most of the boats had aftermarket 1100s. Not sure if they are filling up all the way. Not sure you will get much difference between 900s and 1100s. More weight the better. Even if you you make your passengers sit on that side.