PDA

View Full Version : Mission Delta Wake Surf Comparison

Running214
08-15-2016, 12:32 PM
I've been reading for a long time on different ghetto gate options, and ballast configurations, etc because I've had the HARDEST time getting a surf wake set up on my boat. I own a 2008 22SSV with 750 lbs ballast center locker and 1100 lbs ballast in each ski locker. I've tried literally everything to surf behind this boat, and I have as of yet been unable to be able to drop the rope. There just hasnt been any push in the wave. It frustrates the hell out of me because I see all of these other surfers on the lake behind crap ass boats and they're surfing rope free, but they're 1-2' behind the boat and the wave has no lip or curl on it at all. I almost dropped 4k on the gosurfassist because I love surfing enough and I cant justify spending 100k on a newer boat when I can drop 4k on my boat that is paid for. Im glad I browsed around the internet and found this thing. All I can say is GAME CHANGER. The two videos are with the exact same ballast configuration and the exact same speed, with the wakeplate set at exactly the same setting. If you've been wanting to get surfing behind your boat like I have, the $500 I dropped on this thing is money well spent. The suction cups dont come off, the thing floats, and most importantly, IT WORKS.
First video is no delta device, second is with it.

https://youtu.be/nNL-hTngwy8

https://youtu.be/dqpYVqK1kAQ

Plum Nauti
08-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Very NICE!! Love the personal testimonies on the site. At Least here, we can be assured that there is an unbiased opinion.

NorCalPR
08-15-2016, 03:18 PM
I would like to see a comparison between a listed boat, and an evenly weighted/surf system boat...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

markthered
08-15-2016, 03:23 PM
I've been told that you still need to list your boat, just not as much, even w/ the suck gate. I was out last weekend on a friends Wake Setter, and even with the surf gate, he would still list the boat a bit. But, that's not a personal testimony.... It seems South Texas is going to be rainy all week, so I'm thinking about making one in the next few days and giving it a test. I'm hoping for a longer wave w/o sacrificing push...

Running214
08-15-2016, 04:20 PM
My boat didnt need to be listed to one side, but it definitely needs ballast. Some people have written posts about surfing with the Delta without ballast, and we tried, and thats a big no go. HAVE to have ballast to make it surfable...

Lfuryus
08-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Hey guys I have to agree Running 214 I got my Delta two months ago and we love it. Cleans up the wave nicely and creates some great push. We have tried no ballast but the Salty's curl just doesn't have enough power to go rope free.

I'll post some pics and videos this weekend when we are out.

The delta seems to go with us even when we aren't on our boat. It amazes me how well it works on various boats we surf behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trayson
08-15-2016, 06:25 PM
And the $20 I spent making mine was likewise money well spent.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/traysonh/Moomba%20XLV/20160718_213531_zpspwsibu5m.jpg

Not the best wave ever seen, but it's certainly an improvement well worth the $20 and one evening I spent making it. hahahaha

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/traysonh/Moomba%20XLV/20160719_135940-1_zps1nevfrfb.jpg

Running214
08-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Hey man, anything that works, works... im not the fab something up type though... nice lookin wave. especially for $20!

lorijenvey
08-30-2016, 06:44 PM
We were fortunate enough to try both the Mission Delta and our DIY built with the orange handle from Harbour Frieght and a cutting board. The wakes were both awesome and almost exactly the same! We love our suckgate. The plus for the Delta is that it isn't as finicky about sticking to the side of the boat. Lots of force needed at an awkward angle for the DIY but my husband and I can both do it. Plus for the DIY is price - $40

MJHKnox
08-30-2016, 07:48 PM
We were fortunate enough to try both the Mission Delta and our DIY built with the orange handle from Harbour Frieght and a cutting board. The wakes were both awesome and almost exactly the same! We love our suckgate. The plus for the Delta is that it isn't as finicky about sticking to the side of the boat. Lots of force needed at an awkward angle for the DIY but my husband and I can both do it. Plus for the DIY is price - $40

Do they both have the same angle?

SupraCLT
08-30-2016, 08:33 PM
I own a 2008 22SSV with 750 lbs ballast center locker and 1100 lbs ballast in each ski locker....The suction cups dont come off, the thing floats, and most importantly, IT WORKS....

Have you got the wave further dialed in? I have a 22 Sunsport which only has the #400 up front but I have the #1100s in the back. Running around 11 mph I'm still getting a ton of wash and minimal push. Where do you put your delta? Is it "front" orientation or rear? (The fin part)

Thanks for your help!

Lfuryus
08-30-2016, 08:58 PM
I mount mine with a rear orientation. I have a 90 Saltare running 800 in the rear and 500 in the bow. Get a great curl at 9.7-10 on the perfect pass goofy foot side. Wave is waist high on me and I'm 6'. I mount mine low as possible with the front angled slightly down so that it levels out when moving. I'll post some pics tomorrow if we get out.

lorijenvey
08-31-2016, 12:42 AM
Do they both have the same angle?

The Delta is a 90 degree. Ours is closer to a 70. We tried a 90 but it was harder to make it stick to the boat. Maybe when we get the back ordered Seastow handle, we can do a 90, but it's not really the angle that matters but how far out you push the convergence of the wave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJHKnox
09-01-2016, 03:31 PM
The Delta is a 90 degree. Ours is closer to a 70. We tried a 90 but it was harder to make it stick to the boat. Maybe when we get the back ordered Seastow handle, we can do a 90, but it's not really the angle that matters but how far out you push the convergence of the wave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that handle about the same as the West Marine one? I read on the other forums about the Seastow one.

Lovinglakelife
01-07-2017, 12:00 AM
I have a 2000 Supra Launch and am considering purchasing a Mission Delta Wakeshaper. My only concern is the factory decal on the back sides of the boat. Has anyone else with a 2000-2002 Supra Launch used the Mission Delta. If so, did you attach it below the decal or on it?

WakeSurf22
01-19-2017, 10:41 PM
As a passionate wakeboarder/wakesurfer I wanted to share NautiCurl with the Supra family. I've worked hard the past year engineering, testing and developing a Wake Shaper priced affordably ($219) that we hope riders are proud to attach to their boats. Please check it out and would love your feedback!
www.nauticurl.com

PS - Check out our WakeSurf Board lineup, best prices on Brigade anywhere online, plus Doomswell and iDol.
Finally the ice melted in MN - Go time!