PDA

View Full Version : Ballast bag specks? Heater Plumbing? 2006 22ssv

tmazukna
08-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Hi gang.
New to me 2006 launch 22ssv.
Ballast bags have been removed, just quick connect hoses are in place. what size/dimensions all 3 bags anybody know?

Also has the heater, but the hoses are cut by the engine? Anybody has a diagram how they are plumbed into the water flow?
Engine is Indmar 340

Thanks,
Tomas

leetudor
08-17-2016, 06:17 AM
For your ballast bags, just measure the area and then find a Fly High bag close to that size that will fit.

trayson
08-17-2016, 12:26 PM
It doesn't really matter what bags you had in your rear locker, because you'll want to upgrade them anyway.
I'd just get some flyhigh 1100's and put them in the rear lockers (or Sumo 900's)

As far as the front bag, I'm thinking that the upgraded factory bag would have been the same as the one I had in my XLV when I bought it. it's 16x16x70 and 650 pounds. They do make a gravity games front playpen bag that you could use, but they're pretty expensive.

I have the playpen bag for sale. I'd be happy to put the quick connect fittings on it so it'd hook right up to your factory ports you have there.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bpo/5724012690.html

If the heater hoses are cut, it wouldn't surprise me if they did it because the heater wasn't properly winterized and developed leaks. so I'd be wary of that. However, if you're looking for suggestions on how to plumb it, give the guys at Heatercraft a call. they'll be able to help you out. I have the 340 CAT engine and I know my return is using the heatercraft "wye" and it wyes into the line that is taking fresh water into my water pump. I think I found a spot on the side of my engine block for the source hose... It was on the Port side of my engine near the stern.

tmazukna
08-22-2016, 08:09 PM
how much to ship the bag to Atlanta, GA area, zip 30096?

trayson
08-22-2016, 08:28 PM
how much to ship the bag to Atlanta, GA area, zip 30096?

Not sure of an exact price without quoting it through my work's mailroom, but $10 would be good enough for me to cover it. I assume you'd want it with the fittings that would connect up to your factory hoses like in the first picture?

SquamInboards
08-25-2016, 08:40 AM
If the heater hoses are cut, it wouldn't surprise me if they did it because the heater wasn't properly winterized and developed leaks. so I'd be wary of that. However, if you're looking for suggestions on how to plumb it, give the guys at Heatercraft a call. they'll be able to help you out. I have the 340 CAT engine and I know my return is using the heatercraft "wye" and it wyes into the line that is taking fresh water into my water pump. I think I found a spot on the side of my engine block for the source hose... It was on the Port side of my engine near the stern.

I'll second this comment on the heater. They are pretty sensitive to being winterized properly and when they crack, many people will do what trayson is saying: Cut it, bypass it, forget it. You can get just the core from Heatercraft or a Heatercraft dealer, just look at what heater you have (2-port, 3-port, 4-port). It's pretty straightforward to replace. And the way he describes the plumbing into the engine is exactly how mine is hooked up. It works great and the "Y" pipe before the water pump helps ensure good heat even at idle.