PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change question

88SupraComp
09-21-2007, 10:22 AM
When I try to use the oil drain tube that is connected to the bottom of the oil pan, I take the threaded cap off and put the hose to the drain plug in the hull, and no oil comes out. The filler cap is off, and I have used my extractor to suck the oil out of the dipstick tube and the drain tube, but it just doesn't want to drain itself. Has anyone else had this problem?

Its an 88 Comp with the PCM 351

Thanks!!!

09-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Make sure you drain the oil right after running the boat. The oil flows out steadily when hot. If you wait till the boat cools down, the oil will flow like molasses. Make sure to pull the oil drain hose through the drain plug, then remove the thread cap on the hose and pour the old oil straight into a milk jug or whatever you use.

I have an 89 Supra comp with the PCM 351.

Pdowling1
09-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Also make sure the hose goes directly to the drain hole, oil will not run uphill. if the hose goes UP before it goes DOWN it just won't go at all.

THUNOT
09-24-2007, 06:38 PM
The fitting on the drain hose on my 87 TS6M is bigger than the bilge plug hole. The plug hole is right above a cross member on the trailer. This is the original supra trailer. It runs slow so I let it drain overnight. Makes a mess. I'm going to change to a smaller hose fitting so I can get it through the plug hole and around the trailer frame.
________
YA-3 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_YA-3)

wakespeak
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
It is very slow and like the other guys said you have to make sure the hose does not have any upward bends. Warm oil helps also.