PDA

View Full Version : Ballast and Screen Inop

sonic5gk
09-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Hello everyone. New here. I have done some searching and have some good leads to go on from your answers already. Thank you for that. But in case my situation brings up anything else you can think of I wanted to try a new thread.

2012 Launch 21V

Starting last year I began having trouble with the display shutting off. This seemed to be attributed to low batter voltage. I do have one of the two batteries that could use replacing already (not happy). Either way, I fire the boat up and it seemed to come back online.

This year, The screen work only for the initial start up for a systems check when pulling out of winter storage. (Stored in my garage) No signs of rodents. First trip out I found that I had no screen and no ballast operation. Everything else seems to work fine. This to me screams ground or fuse issue. I checked fuses below the steering wheel which I suppose are actually breakers and found no obvious concerns. I did a wiggle test on all the wiring behind the gauges and coming from the fuse block. Also checked wiring in connectors that plug in to the display. I also checked my battery connections both to each other and the switch.

I have also noticed that the ignition switch is loose in the mount on the dash.

I have read a few things that I will need to devote more time in to investigating. I have also read about a flash. Any additional info or tips you can provide are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time everyone.

P.S. Is there any way to make that display dimmer at night??? I have tried adjusting the dimmer and it does nothing. I have to put a towel over it to see where I am going.