PDA

View Full Version : 95' Saltare for sale - Make me an offer I can't refuse

mydogzeke
09-29-2016, 10:21 PM
We are considering selling our 95' Supra Saltare 23' wakeboard/wakesurf boat. We don't have to sell, but have contemplated upgrading to a newer boat. This boat has been great for our family since we purchased in 2011. We purchased it from an individual who was in the process of restoring it; then we completed/had completed the restoration. The boat has a new inboard engine with only approximately 200 hours on it, with only a little over 400 hours on the entire boat itself. All of the upholstery except for 2 small pieces has been completely recovered.

It has 2 ACME props (541 & 543), designed specifically for wakeboarding/wakesurfing. This boat pulls boarders up better than even the new over-priced wake boats. It comes with a wake tower with speakers, board racks for up to 4 slim surfboards and wakeboards, and bimini top. The boat also comes with a matching tandem-axle trailer; all 4 tires were recently updated. The boat also has a manual ballast system with automatic empty pumps and valves. We've had over 2,000 lbs of ballast in it with no issues. It comes with a stereo system with ipod/aux inputs, sub-woofer, and amp. The boat also has 2 batteries, a built-in cooler, automatic depth-finder, and l.e.d. interior lighting. The boat runs great, has been maintenanced regularly, and has not had any type of mechanical issues since we purchased it. It has a few small cosmetic blunders which would be common for a boat of this age. It has started up and ran every time we've turned the key.

michael hunter
09-30-2016, 08:39 AM
What is the price? You must have an idea of what you want. Average price on NADA boats is 10,400.00 without any options . So how close an I?

mydogzeke
09-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Hey, thanks for the inquiry. Yeah, the NADA average retail with the add-on options, which on NADA can vary from everything from tires on a trailer to a cassette player {... does anyone still actually use those?} changes the price a bit.

But even the options are pretty basic: props, bimini top, tower, stereo system, trailer, lights, etc... etc...

Average Retail with the simplest add-on's is about $15500

As mentioned in the above, I don't have to sell, I'm just curious as to what I can get out of it. But, that's not to say that I'm not motivated to sell. I'm very motivated and willing to talk. But, I'm also looking to get more than $10,400.

Here's the NADA link; I think this link will work anyway... http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1995/Supra/SALTARE/10180905/values

Cusefan78
09-30-2016, 08:00 PM
So is your number 15k? Really hate when people do this. You have a number in your head just post it. It's a nice looking boat!

michael hunter
10-01-2016, 07:47 AM
No insult intended its just when you said ''Make me an offer I can't refuse'' it makes you sound desperate to sell . Remember when you ask for nothing that is probably what you will recieve.

Cusefan78
10-01-2016, 11:59 AM
No insult intended its just when you said ''Make me an offer I can't refuse'' it makes you sound desperate to sell . Remember when you ask for nothing that is probably what you will recieve.exactly. Honestly most people are going to look at a nada guide. Also you have another thing keeping from geting top dollar, the long cold winter that is quickly approaching. Most people aren't in boat shopping mode right now they are in winterizing mode. Personally I wouldn't be buying a boat in the fall unless I was getting a screaming deal. Your boat looks like a great boat that has a been restore well and has been taken care of but in the end you still have a 21 year old boat. I like to think my boats will get top dollar when I decide to sell them but in reality I know I won't get what I want. I would put a price on the sale. You clearly have a number in mind.

middlegriff1
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Little off topic, but im in between those two props (541 & 543) what are upsides and downsides to both if you don't mind.

Cusefan78
10-06-2016, 05:33 AM
Little off topic, but im in between those two props (541 & 543) what are upsides and downsides to both if you don't mind.

If you go to the service tab there is a prop page. Lots of info there. Here is a good page also. https://www.wakemakers.com/supra-wakeboard-boat-propellers I'm running a 541 and love it. I got a better hole shot and top end over the stock prop

foxriverat
10-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Here is his craigslist ad https://shoals.craigslist.org/boa/5787899076.html

mydogzeke
10-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Foxriverat, I understand why you have that name now... But, I bet I could come up with a few better ones for you.

mydogzeke
10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
I really did not have a number at first. I was sincerely willing to hear out all reasonable offers, which, in the marketing world, is actually a great tool for the right person who is actually looking to buy...apparently none of you are, so it's really none of your business how I list something I own. I really just like this online community (until today) and wanted to give someone a chance on a good boat that I know most of the folks in the Supra world love... I know I sure have. But, yesterday I re-listed it locally for $13900; which is still a great deal. If I hold onto it til next spring, that price will obviously go up. If anyone is interested, let me know...if not, then you should just keep surfing (pun intended) and find another thread to hi-jack.

...drops mic, walks away

mydogzeke
10-07-2016, 04:13 PM
As for the prop difference... When I purchased them, I talked with the folks over at ACME props: http://www.acmemarine.com/our_props.php Those guys were super helpful and knew just what I needed for this boat. The 541 is a great all-around towing prop. It has a good low-pitch. As mentioned, it is leaps and bounds beyond the stock prop and will hold the boat steady when towing boarders. With the 543 however, it seemed to perform a little better with the boat being weighted. It is more of a true surf-prop. I lost some top-end, as you do with all lower pitched props, but that thing, paired with the Merc454, will jerk a house down. If you're surfing and running a lot of ballast, the 543 is the way to go. I could just be me, but it also seemed to have a nicer curl at the lip of the wave with the 543, too. But, still the 541 is a great tried and true prop that has been great on all of the older model Supra's. Hope that helps!

foxriverat
10-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Foxriverat, I understand why you have that name now... But, I bet I could come up with a few better ones for you.

A little thin skinned ah pal. You and your dog zeke are barking up the wrong tree.

mydogzeke
10-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Tree...? seems a little more like a lil bush to me.

Jetlink
10-10-2016, 01:19 AM

Sounds like someone needs a refresher on the sticky in the general forum tab.

I will spare you the trouble of looking it up and paste the applicable part in here for your convenience.

"3) Personal attacks, mean-spirited comments, and abusive behavior will not be tolerated."