PDA

View Full Version : Places in Midwest for Stringer repair

jbousman88
10-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Soft spot in my floor is bothering me and I'm sure i can get by without but i still would like to take my boat to have it gone through and see if I am in need (I'm betting yes) of a stringer repair. Any ideas of anyone other that Bennets (seems to not do them anymore) that does good work for a reasonable price. I figure anywhere from 3-5 for the whole deal.
any ideas?????

scottschmitt
10-04-2016, 05:06 PM
I think Viper does them in Maryville TN.
I'm in St Louis and will be looking for stringer repairs in the next couple years. I talked with the guys at Farmer's fiberglass repair just over the river. They seemed pretty decent, and the local in-board shop here uses them to outsource repairs on their new fancy MC boats. I haven't seen any work though.
Any other recommendations would be welcome.

jbousman88
10-05-2016, 03:16 PM
any idea on what they charged for prices on their work?

scottschmitt
10-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I think when I called they were hesitant to give a number over the phone and said bring the boat by and we'll take a look.

BADS24SSV
10-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Any place will need to see the boat to assess. Stringer work is not cheap and will be a tear up. You can save money by gutting the interior. I had D&S Marine in Roscoe, IL do some work and they found my stringers need to be re-worked a bit (cracks in the bottom of the hull...no idea how). If the stringers move, they will need to re-enforce them and re-glass all around them. But that show I mentioned does great work. They did some gel work and buffed/polished the hull and looks like new. Pretty meticulous and straight shooters.

pirata86
10-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Just dropped my 86 pirata at the boatworks in Powell Tennessee, Shanne is straight up guy prices are reasonable. Long drive from Illinois but I got to see his work in progress on a few boat can't wait to see the finished product

jbousman88
10-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Pirata do you know what the estimate was that he gave you for price as well as what all was included? (full gut job, new carpet, etc etc)

pirata86
10-28-2016, 02:09 AM
I'm not going going to give a price but I'm having new stringer, floors, carpet and interior done I stripped the interior and motor and all I can say is give Shanne a call you won't be disappointed. I will say his cost was cheaper than anyone in Illinois gave me for stringers and floor alone. I also toured his shop and got to see several boat in various stages, I was to say the least impressed with what I saw, lots of master crafts and Supra boats and a few moomba's