PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light

jonyb
10-08-2007, 04:10 AM
Is there anyway to reset the check engine light? I got a low oil pressure warning and have since fixed the problem, but the light still comes on... The dealer is 3.5 hours away, unless there's a closer Indmar dealer to me in Western KY.

Engine Nut
10-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Is there anyway to reset the check engine light? I got a low oil pressure warning and have since fixed the problem, but the light still comes on... The dealer is 3.5 hours away, unless there's a closer Indmar dealer to me in Western KY.

If the problem has indeed been resolved, it should go away after three warm up cycles. A warm up cycle starts below 100 degrees F and ends at 140 degrees F. After three repeats of this cycle, the check engine should go away on it's own.

Engine Nut

jonyb
10-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the info...

By the way: did you see my thread about the plastic water fittings on the headers? You guys have any fixes for those?

Engine Nut
10-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info...

By the way: did you see my thread about the plastic water fittings on the headers? You guys have any fixes for those?

We have used those glass filled nylon fittings in our manifolds for years. One of the reasons we like them is that if things get too hot, they do melt which may result in saving an engine when the the operator sees the steam coming out of the engine compartment. If the fittings were brass, it might be too late by the time somone realizes there is a problem. We are not planning on changing from the fittings we are using.

jonyb
10-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Well I guess mine was broke when the boat was rigged. I noticed a water leak from day one but never imagined it could be something like that. It wasn't bad enough at first so I thought maybe the bags were leaking. The underside of the engine hatch is now stained along with the whole side of the motor and exhaust.

Guess I'll see about just getting the OEM part instead of swapping. To get the broken part out of the manifold out I had to heat it with a propane torch and pick it out shred by shred. What was still left in the manifold was bonded to it from the heat.

gmarkham1
09-24-2011, 10:34 PM
If the problem has indeed been resolved, it should go away after three warm up cycles. A warm up cycle starts below 100 degrees F and ends at 140 degrees F. After three repeats of this cycle, the check engine should go away on it's own.

Engine Nut

Thank you for clearing that up! I have read the three warm up cycles before, but wasn't aware what a warm up cycle actually was. This worked perfectly for me!