PDA

View Full Version : New supra owner!

Monster450
11-19-2016, 09:40 PM
How we doin everybody. New to the forum here and tons of great knowlegde to go around. I.picked up a 89 mariah a few months ago with a cracked block and I'm the process of building a new engine and totally restoring the boat back to her full glory. Wanted to touch base,see if there were other.mariah owners here and see how there liking there's as this is.my first supra. Thanks

crystal waters
11-20-2016, 11:56 AM
Not a Mariah owner but rather a conbrio owner. Same open bow idea,
I like the Mariah for its size and space yet not a Queen Mary ploughing down the lake.
Great performer on the water.
Great boat. Enjoy!

SquamInboards
11-30-2016, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the forum. I've got an '89 Bravura which is the closed-bow version of the same boat. I've had mine for over 10 years now, I love it. It has its faults, but overall it's been great. For me, the closed bow area provides fantastic storage. It's a trade-off, half the time I'd rather have the seating. But anyway, congrats on the new boat and good luck with the rebuild.

Are you just going for a straight-up rebuild to factory specs? Or are you looking at any upgrades, electronic distributor, heads, intake, cam, anything like that?