PDA

View Full Version : Supra Ballast - Upgrade options (add weight)

WakeSurf22
12-22-2016, 10:34 PM
I have an 07 Supra Launch 22SV and was wondering if anybody has installed custom rear ballasts? I'd like to add more ballast for WakeSurfing without taking up leg room. There's plenty of vertical space in both side/rear compartments. Are there 'L' shaped bags that rise vertically or somebody that makes custom bags?

Would love some help, planning for spring!!

MJHKnox
12-23-2016, 02:27 AM
What bags are in your boat now?

Do you have the "L" on both sides of the motor? I have a 2007 SSV. The area on the driver's side has steps and a cooler. An "L" would not fit on my boat.

You will find most people add 750s or 1100s b/c they are easy to obtain online. I started with 750s, but now use 1100s. The 7s would almost fill the space. The 11s fill the space but do not fill up all the way.

Another option is to use a "suck-gate". There are plenty of places to buy them if you do not want to make one. Works pretty good on mine. I use it with surf tabs that I had installed last summer.

Answer is YES on custom bags. Online site for Wakemakers. Not sure how much they are. I think the Fly High 1100s are $200 each. Custom might be $300+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WakeSurf22
12-26-2016, 10:36 PM
Thanks very much for the info. Their the standard 500s I think. Looking down in plan, an "L" wouldn't work, sounds like a similar layout to yours. I was thinking the bag would actually raise up near the rear of the boat to create an "L" (difficult to explain). Also thought of stacking bags, but assume they will not or fill drain properly. I'll see what wakemakers has, thank you!

Regarding the "suck gate", I've actually spent the last year+ engineering, developing and testing what I feel is a premier wake shaper at an affordable price (under $200). Just brought it to market mid-summer. Sleek design, I engineered the shape and curvature to maximize water movement while minimizing force on the suction cups (I'm a geek/engineer by trade) and integrated the suction cups rather than bolting on a glass lifting handle like many other do.
Would love your feedback and I'll post back info on the sacks.
www.nauticurl.com
Cheers!

MJHKnox
12-29-2016, 12:17 AM
Did you perform some research on how to displace more water?

There has been online posts for awhile on here and on the other sites - Moomba, MCraft, WWorld, etc.

There are better suction cups to buy, but once you have the proper angle, how much difference can there be?

Some of those guys have built many versions w/o much change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorCalPR
12-29-2016, 03:26 PM
I dont see the point honestly. You can strap anything to the side of a boat. Shoot you can use a blow up doll.

It just has to displace the correct amount for the size of the boat. Bigger boat, more displacement...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk