PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Draining/Changing Oil,

hanski
10-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I can not seem to get all the oil out of my 98 Legacy using the drain tube through the drain plug outlet. I have tried using a suction system and this seems no different. Any Ideas?

dailyssv
10-11-2007, 09:21 AM
is the engine warmed up? this helps the flow.

88SupraComp
10-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I am having the same problem with my comp. I am going to warm it up before I change the oil next time.

Do you guys change your oil before or after the season? does it matter?

The past few years I changed my oil after I had it out on the lake for a day, and was still warm.

IndyMatt
10-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I change at the end of the season; This was dealer recommended as any contaminates that may be picked up during the season dont sit in the motor during winter storage. I take the boat over to the ramp and just run it on the trailer (crowd permitting) 10-15min to get it to temperature. Then take it home and open the drain & let it sit for a few hours (dealer suggested overnight) I adjust the trailer jack a few times (bow up and down) and seem to get more out that way. There is a measure list imprinted on my disposal container & thats how I judge where to start my refill. Ive never pulled out six quarts, but im also not sure how much remains in filter when its discarded or lines that may not drain.