PDA

View Full Version : Season preparation tips needed. 04 22ssv

Rileymurph41
02-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Looking for some info on things I should do to prepare the boat for summer. This will be my first full summer with it. Didn't do much maintenance to it last year. Just used it. Are there any bearings for the drive I need to check or service? Any little hidden things? So far I'm thinking

Trailer bearings,
Plugs and wires
All fluids
Filters
That's about it. It's a new boat to me a d my first wake boat. So any service tips would be great.

Thanks

Plum Nauti
02-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Trailer bearings, yes, once a season seems to work. Depending on how much towing is done throughout the year. Along with your trailer lights and wiring. Just a visual. Impeller, impeller, impeller oh, and the impeller. Kinda like a buzz kill if it's not working correctly. Parents had a Centurion that they let slip on this. Broke the pump shaft in theirs. Just a visual inspection of your ignition. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor. I found mine had significant corrosion under the cap. Never know the maintenance routine of the previous owner. Oil and filter. Batteries. I highly recommend an on board charger/maintainer. Just keep it plugged in, and your batteries stay hot. Not sure on the shaft seal and or stuffing box on that year model.

Rileymurph41
02-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Thanks man!!!!

onebadgt
02-04-2017, 09:24 PM
I have the exact same boat and thankfully they are very low maintenance and very reliable. Change v-drive oil when changing plugs and oil. Check proper fill and drain of ballast, check to be sure bilge pump is working. If you didn't put fuel stabilizer over the winter then fill up with fresh fuel. Other than that hit the water and have fun!

onebadgt
02-04-2017, 09:26 PM
P.S. your gonna love the boat. It makes a great wake right out of the box but upgrade the bow bag to 1180lb and the rears to 565lb and it's AMAZING!

CJD
02-04-2017, 09:34 PM
And just for the record...after this spring the book recommends doing all of the fluid and filter service at the end of the season rather than at the beginning. That way any water in the fluids doesn't cause corrosion over the winter.

Rileymurph41
02-05-2017, 01:04 AM
I saw that. It's been sitting for about 3 months and I went and looked at the oil the other day and saw no indication of water in the pan, although it did collect a little in the filter. Gonna change the fluids asap. Also the impeller, although I did it last year it's cheap and easy to do. Are there any bearings with the output shaft from the v drive I need to service? And where did you get your upgraded bags? Also my fuel gauge and wake plate guage don't work so I'll hunt that down. You should take a look at my boat and see if you have the same tower, I have a pretty unique Roswell tower from the factory I've never seen before.179241792417925

Rileymurph41
02-05-2017, 01:05 AM
The racks aren't the original ones, I just got that pair from Roswell for 300 bucks. The original ones finally bit the dust. Fyi

scottschmitt
02-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Wakemakers has a good selection of bags, and if you are lucky, you can find what you want on sale (https://www.wakemakers.com/on-sale-ballast). They seem to know what they are doing.

Rileymurph41
02-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Wakemakers has a good selection of bags, and if you are lucky, you can find what you want on sale (https://www.wakemakers.com/on-sale-ballast). They seem to know what they are doing.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

CJD
02-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Another tip, since you mentioned the impeller...

I take the impeller out when I winterize at the end of the season. That way it doesn't take a "set", with some of the blades being flattened while others are extended for several months. I then reinstall it when prepping for the new season of fun. It's not necessary, but is does extend the life of the impeller a bit.

The only bearing that needs grease servicing is the rudder post. Nothing on the V-drive or Tranny. If you have replaced the steering cable, some aftermarket cables have a grease fitting. The original does not.

Rileymurph41
02-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Awesome thank you very much

docdrs
02-26-2017, 10:01 PM
check your motor mount bushings for wear and your drive shaft alignment......there are good how to's on the moomba board