PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Supra 22SSV

Takeem75
03-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Does anyone have a diagram of the light on top of the tower and how it is put together? Or, is there a replacement light that can be installed that isn't quite as tall. With my rack up, the light is just over 10'-2" tall from the floor. I am looking at purchasing a pole barn to store some stuff including the boat, but the ceiling in the barn is 10'-0. I would like to be able to modify the light or replace it with something smaller or remove it when I store the boat and then put it back on when we are on the water.

thanks.

MJHKnox
03-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Isn't the base of that welded to the tower?

I bought the replacement light bulb and transparent cover from SC last year.
That top part is appx 1". Just snaps off.

I do not recall if those lower sections can be removed - the area you attach the wake/surf ropes.

Folding the tower down? It would be a pain each time.

If the ceiling is 10', how will that work when the garage door hangs from that?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Takeem75
03-05-2017, 04:26 PM
I should restate saying the roof trusses are 10' AFF. Ceiling liner is up at roof. We will notch the door header to accommodate the tower and back it in parallel with roof trusses. Just looking at an option if I wanted to pull the boat straight thru instead of parking it between the roof trusses.

Isn't the base of that welded to the tower?

I bought the replacement light bulb and transparent cover from SC last year.
That top part is appx 1". Just snaps off.

I do not recall if those lower sections can be removed - the area you attach the wake/surf ropes.

Folding the tower down? It would be a pain each time.

If the ceiling is 10', how will that work when the garage door hangs from that?

MJHKnox
03-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Got it. Newer boats are easier to retract towers.
My 2007 can be a pain.