PDA

View Full Version : 21v Wake Frustration!!!!!!!

Supra-Steve
11-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I always seem to have issues w/ getting the wake on the port side "right". I dont know if its b/c the way the prop turns, but the wake on the starboard side is always great and big, but for whatever reason the wake on the port side is washed out. It tends to get better as i burn more fuel, but for the 1st hour or so of riding on a full tank of gas, it's always a struggle and frustrating process.

any thoughts/ideas of what could be the problem or what to do to make it "right" from the get go??

Jon
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
fill more ballast on the side that is washing out. Either that or empty on the other side.

Supra-Steve
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
What i find to be the case when adding more wgt to that side is when someone pulls out to the port side, the boat kinda sways to that side thus causing the rooster tail to angle more to the starboard side and wake never really gets right.

Do other ppl that have the 21v have to wgt the port side differently than the starboard side??

Jon
11-13-2007, 12:47 AM
There is nothing wrong with that. If the boat leans when the rider is cutting in, that means the wake will be good on that side. If the other side is washy I see that as a good thing. That means if you happen to case the wake it is a lot more forgiving. As long as the side that the rider is on is good, I'd say it good to go.