PDA

View Full Version : What is best brand of wake shaper?

garyholl
03-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Before you say it, I did use the search button. And I found a lot of topics about this. But I didn't find one that said what is your favorite brand so that people could easily enter their replies. Plus I'm about to buy one and I want to know which one works best. 24-foot SSV.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

govolsbm
03-26-2017, 09:00 PM
Before you say it, I did use the search button. And I found a lot of topics about this. But I didn't find one that said what is your favorite brand so that people could easily enter their replies. Plus I'm about to buy one and I want to know which one works best. 24-foot SSV.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

If you get any replies let me know. I've got the same boat and want a shaper as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broke Pilot
03-26-2017, 11:24 PM
I built one for my 06 24SSV... but I'm not happy with it. I can't make it stick to the boat well since our hull sides have that curve to them. I usually have to tie a docking line to it off the tower foot. I'm thinking of ordering the nautiCurl. I really like the looks of it. It's flexible at the shaper end and can bend a little. Reminds me of a top fuel dragster kinda physics going on with it. The pull will be behind the suction cups and it'll try to lift from between them.
Other than that, i dunno, the 24 is just not a great surf boat without an extreme amount of weight and a shaper.
At the jam last year I had 9 adults and full bags with the shaper and it was awesome, and I never thought I'd out weight my prop, but I did... lol

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j323/apachedriver/4E7F43C9-B893-416D-8686-FF54C70BE766_zpsgcpfb2yy.jpg (http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/apachedriver/media/4E7F43C9-B893-416D-8686-FF54C70BE766_zpsgcpfb2yy.jpg.html)

SWELL Wakesurf
03-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Here's a video of the SWELL Wakesurf Creator behind a 21v.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kxi0hm1rfiiawq/2005%20Supra%20Launch%2021V.MOV?dl=0

scottschmitt
03-27-2017, 12:36 PM
I bought the NautiCurl this winter when it was on sale and looked keen and I was wishing I was boating. I haven't tried it out yet on the water.
It sinks and that is a disadvantage I hadn't thought much about before buying.
There is a line that can secure it to the back hitch, but I'm worried about it jumping up and smacking the boat. Maybe I'll tie onto the back of the swim deck.

MJHKnox
03-27-2017, 12:50 PM
Gogger owns a 2006 Launch 24'. I've surfed off his boat over the last few summers. He also pulls a bunch of people at the Surpra Event in TN each summer. He has the BB 496 motor. Lots of torque, no pulling issues on that boat.

He upgraded to the 1100s a few summers ago. It had a good surf wave then. That was one locker and the center bags.
At the end of last summer, he was running a suck gate. Said it worked fine. He did not mention the device falling off the boat , but get him to weight in on that.

I do not think I would buy one that is 90'. A slight angle will divert the water and not have so much pressure on the slide to cause it to slide off.

gogger
03-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Well I received a suck gate from southerngrounds late last year. Did have a problem with the suction cups sticking to the hull. I moved it up about three feet from rear where the hull flattens out. Once we get it stuck in the right spot it's good. Makes a huge difference in the wake. With the 1100 bow sack and 1100 in the rear and a couple people in that corner it's a huge wake. I know Brandon is selling his suck gates so I will let him know to comment on this thread. If I get a chance tomorrow I will post with and without videos I made last fall.

MJHKnox
03-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Well I received a suck gate from southerngrounds late last year. Did have a problem with the suction cups sticking to the hull. I moved it up about three feet from rear where the hull flattens out. Once we get it stuck in the right spot it's good. Makes a huge difference in the wake. With the 1100 bow sack and 1100 in the rear and a couple people in that corner it's a huge wake. I know Brandon is selling his suck gates so I will let him know to comment on this thread. If I get a chance tomorrow I will post with and without videos I made last fall.

I got Brandon's number if you want to text or call him. Shoot me a PM.

He did have a web site. Not sure what number is listed there. SurfPlates.com

DaFuzz144
04-03-2017, 08:26 PM
I bought the NautiCurl this winter when it was on sale and looked keen and I was wishing I was boating. I haven't tried it out yet on the water.
It sinks and that is a disadvantage I hadn't thought much about before buying.
There is a line that can secure it to the back hitch, but I'm worried about it jumping up and smacking the boat. Maybe I'll tie onto the back of the swim deck.

I bought the same one, B/C of price and guarantee/ warranty till July to try it out.

MJHKnox
04-03-2017, 08:39 PM
Post up some reviews when you hit the water.

Muskoka
08-11-2017, 11:19 PM
I use one from surfwedgy.com
works great and they seem to know there stuff.
suction system and was cheap
All plastic and stainless now we can surf!

ckracing
08-17-2017, 05:06 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/feature/test-wakesurf-shapers.html

NorCalPR
08-18-2017, 08:11 PM
Honestly, if you want the absolute best, experiment. It has nothing to do with the shape of thr device. It also has nothing to do with where its placed (kind of, I'll get back to this statement). All that matters is Delaying of the convergence! You can strap a blow up doll to the side of the boat, and if it displaces enough, itll work...

Now, a bigger blade displaces and delays more. The closer you get to 90 degrees also displaces and delays more. The closer you are to the back corner, the more delay you get...

So apply that to the devices. Some may be bigger, some may have more angle, but in the end, they all may end up being placed in a different spot. In the end, the wave is the same.

Because my hull, and i wanted consistency and easy adjustments to the wave, i went with a nautique inspired plate. It comes out 90 degrees to the hull at the corner, and sticks out about 2"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mischief IV
08-20-2017, 12:27 AM
I use one I bought off eBay after I didn't have time to make one myself. I wasn't going to spend over $150 for these devices. Anything above that is just a waste of money in my opinion.

Found Inland Curl (look on eBay) and was simple and $140.00 with some shipping. I got it and did not work the first time I tried to use it. With curved hull, suction cups could not stick. I contacted the guy. He gave me cell number. We talked and he said he didn't take returns but send it back and he would modify it for my hull. So I did. Within two days it was back in my mailbox.

I tried it out just before Supra reunion and oh my, what a difference it made. Also, it has never come off the side of the boat, not a once while we are surfing. Doesn't budge. It does have the teather cord because it will sink but after hours and hours of surfing, I often forget it is there. My wave isn't perfect but had rave reviews at the Supra reunion. I love it because I have four family members that are goofy footed and it takes all of two minutes to swap sides of boat. No listing, full ballast, tall wake.

So, what's your time worth? Sure I could have spent less on parts but wasted an afternoon (or two) of my life building the same thing.

I believe if not mistaken two other forum members have bought from same place after my referral. Inland Curl may have a Facebook page as well you can look up.
I recommend this guy because he was stand up and apologetic about it not working from the start. He said he would take care of it and indeed he did. He even texted me several times to get follow up results. Couldn't be happier!

MJHKnox
08-20-2017, 10:46 AM
A cool feature is having something that will float.
If it does not fall off, no big deal.

Not sure what forum it was, someone attached a few orange GoPro floaty devises. It was a good idea.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Mischief IV
08-20-2017, 11:04 PM
A cool feature is having something that will float.
If it does not fall off, no big deal.

Not sure what forum it was, someone attached a few orange GoPro floaty devises. It was a good idea.

Good idea MJHKnox! Yeah, may play with adding floaty devices in the off season. The cleat is right above where I mount it so still no big deal to me. Probably have 30+ hours usage with this wake shaper and has never fallen off.
Only thing I'd like to try now is offsetting the faceplate to push further down in water.

InlandCurl
04-11-2018, 09:17 PM
To revive an old thread. I do offer two versions. Standard version that does not float, as well as a floating version. Some guys want to save a few bucks, so I have the budget minded version that doesn't float, and then one that does for a few more dollars for the guy that demands nothing but the best!

davec17
04-17-2018, 03:36 PM
To revive an old thread. I do offer two versions. Standard version that does not float, as well as a floating version. Some guys want to save a few bucks, so I have the budget minded version that doesn't float, and then one that does for a few more dollars for the guy that demands nothing but the best!

Any discounts for forum members? I am in the market for a wakeshaper :)

MJHKnox
04-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Any discounts for forum members? I am in the market for a wakeshaper :)

Hit them up on Facebook or email. Tell them you found out on the Supra Forum.

[email protected]

Call 931-581-5378

https://www.facebook.com/inlandcurlwakeshapers/

Blackbetty
09-19-2018, 10:22 AM
I have been using the WAKE SHIFTER for 2 years. NO problems.

MJHKnox
09-19-2018, 10:28 PM
I have been using the WAKE SHIFTER for 2 years. NO problems.

What boat? Post a pic of the wake.