PDA

View Full Version : A little more feedback please

scmarketing
12-02-2007, 11:02 AM
We just added 'motortrend' viideos to each of the boats. 360, handling, hole shot, 0-30, wake height, etc.

These things are difficult to do, take a lot of time, and cost us a good deal of money.

Right now they are still a work in progress. Some loading issues on site. A few clips placed under the wrong boat (those are easily fixed).

I'm really interested in finding out if you think these videos help you better make a selecton on the boat ... or if we are wasting money and time here that could better be spent someplace else.

Let us know what you think. It's your website. We want to make it the best we can for you.

Michael

IndyMatt
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
We always like demonstrations of the latest technology & the flash and glam always impress. I get the feeling that most of the active members of the website are post purchase clients who exchange information, post pics, troubleshoot etc... Unless your the type of person who purchases boats every few years (small percentage I would guess) most of the traffic here already owns your product. Im sure (obviously) that internet research is an important part of the buying process, but I have a feeling that the lake & showroom is where your product is really sold.

jonyb
12-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Wow.... That's a huge difference. Much better. I only looked about both 24SSV's and the 22SSV's. Pics and features are better. You should add pics of the Gravity and World's Edition sitting on trailers. The trailers alone a work of art compared to some others. They deserve some exposure.

Overall you did great. The wake height video wasn't very good. Maybe a camera from the rear bench looking backwards at 22mph would be better. From that video it's hard to tell how big the wake really is. Maybe you could add an interior walk-around video.

Keep in mind that lots of people, including myself, have to travel hours from home to look at these boats. There's a Centurion dealer in my area, but with previous experiences with my Baja and their service, I won't be buying from them no matter what they sell. Me and my wife spent 2 days 2 and 3 hours from home looking at all the wakeboats available. I scoured the net for a few weeks and never got to know the boats like I did with seeing them in person. That's just something to think about.

Good job on the site though, it's definitely improved.

H2Oman
12-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I agree with jonyb, much better. When making my purchase decision I used the web to help get information and narrow down my selection. I also use it to see what is new and keep up on the latest changes. Keep working on it and it will continue to pay you back with sales.

I like the “my supra” videos. Each seems individual to the rider and the boat. Good favorite features and why. I also feel the content is getting better.

I did find a few areas I would recommend improvements.

- The 360 video of the 24SSV GG seems to be low quality compared to the others.

- The Wake Height videos don’t do the wakes justice (it is hard to see and makes it look smaller than it actually is). There are two features to show here 1–wake size and 2-wake shape, both are exceptional. I think the idea of shooting from the boat back toward the rider or from a chase boat looking forward with a rider going over the wake would mean more.

- The 0-30 video could use more info as people will want to duplicate it – What engine and prop is the boat using and is there any ballast in the boat (probably not).

- Add some cool music to the video clips showing performance.

Lastly, why is the Launch 20 the slowest boat to 30? Is it the pop size for the higher-end speed?

I look forward to seeing the content as you develop it more.

scmarketing
12-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Appreciate all the feedback both here and from the Moomba site.
We've got great owners and are fortunate to have the opportunity to listen and learn from you.

A few quick answers.

The timing clock on the Launch 20 is wrong. Subtract 3 seconds. That said,the boat was run with a 325HP engine and the standard prop.

All boats were run without ballast on 0-30.

All boats were run with full stock ballast on hole shot and on wake size.

Would have loved to run the tracking videos through a slalom course.
Not available on the lake we shot at when we were shooting.

Glad to hear that the voiceovers are well liked.

Understand that we didn't get the best angle on the wake height and on the boat time to plane. Thinking about how we could make it better.

Didn't want to 'cheat' the results in any way. Thus, stock ballast.

We have tried to be innovative with video doing the best we can to help you take a virtual test drive even in the middle of winter. Not easy, and again, your input will help us rethink where we hit it and where we missed.

Thanks again for your thoughts. We only get smarter by listening to you, so keep the flow going.

Pdowling1
12-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Tracking shots should at least be from in the boat looking back at the wake to show how straight it is, otherwise drop the category. Calling a clip "tracking" then just showing a side view is meaningless.
Some shots have poor lighting. Overall, a very nice job.

ondwater
12-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for finnaly having some slalom info on the Launch 20.
The new layout is great and like I said the Slalom addition will be greatly appreciated. We have an 06 Launch 20 and have two daughters that Ski the cometitive scene and love the boat.Everyone asks about the Launches slalom wake but there is no info on it.Now they can see for themselves.Please get some course action with a normal 32mph skier at about 28 off....
And again just to get it out there,your hard work on the site has not been overlooked...

Great job...

jonyb
12-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Wakeboarding mag has a really good "virtual test drive" on their site. Maybe you could try something like that. Lots of good pictures too.

http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/VTD/2008/Supra/index.html?manufacture=1&boat=4