PDA

View Full Version : Supra Mariah: Replace Throttle Cable HELP!!!!

doggie1dog
12-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I have a '89 Supra Mariah and need to replace the throttle cable. Does anyone know how to remove the throttle shifter control to gain access to where the cable is atached. There is a black plactic plate that is right behind the throttle lever and I can't figure out how remove it. It seems that once the outer black plastic piece is removed, I can push the shifter control through to replace the cable. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. Thanks Don

michael hunter
04-04-2008, 08:12 PM
On my 89 Sunsprot the throttle lever is attached from the back you must
remove the entire upholstered panel to gain access. The panel is also attached from the rear with 1/4 inch nuts. If you have long arm you may be able to get to them from under the dash. I removed the side trim and cut an access hole when I installed my tower. I think a lot of the inside trim is installed before the deck is put on the hull.

doggie1dog
04-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the info on the throttle cable replacement. I did the replacement a couple weeks ago. I think your right about the inside trim pieces installed before the deck is put on the hull. It makes it very difficult for later repair work. When I reinstalled it I made the hole larger where the shifter goes in, but it is still covered by the upholestry, and it will make :lol: it a lot easier if I have to do it again.

Thanks again for the advise...hope you have a great boating season!!

Don