PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Supra Sunsport

finka
04-21-2017, 09:56 AM
I have been looking for a boat for a while and had a question about the value of this boat.
Its a 1992 Supra Sunsport 508 hours with numerous add ons
Gladiator tower with Bimini and 4 wet sound rev 8's speakers.
6 interior speakers with Bluetooth radio and transom remote.
Wet sound 420 equalizer with mic
Has amps and 2 batteries
Has built in reversible ballast pump for surfing with about 800lbs of built in ballast
I understand between the system and tower that's probably about $5,000
He will sell it for $13,000.
Is it still worth that even being that old with all the add ons?
Thanks again

michael hunter
04-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Looks like the interior has been done too. That boat is a full composite built boat with low hours I would say its well worth the asking price.

scottschmitt
04-21-2017, 07:07 PM
That is a pretty boat that looks very clean. 13k seems pretty reasonable with the tower, blasts, speakers, and newerish upholstery.

The question have to ask yourself is, can you really find a boat in April/May/June that is cheaper, looks better, and puts out a better ski wake and surf wake. Unlikely. I'd say snatch that deal and enjoy summer. Every day you wait is a day not on the water.

You can probably find an older Supra with good upholstery for less, but then you'll have to ask yourself when you need to drop the 6k for a new floor/stringers and who is going to have that little adventure. With this turn-key ride ready to go, forget the stringers and ski.

cadunkle
04-21-2017, 09:21 PM
It's in the ballpark, even a bit of the low side for a composite boat. Age does not affect value, condition does. They have already depreciated as far as they'll go, and there's a possibility of prices increasing as they become considered more "classic" and prices of new boats continue through the stratosphere. Prices of these boats does not seem to have changed from when I was shopping 7 years ago. $13k for a composite boat that needs nothing is a good price. If it needs odds and ends but nothing major it's a fair price.

kvand347
04-23-2017, 12:04 AM
Buy it. I have been looking for a similar boat to mine for a friend and these boats do not come up for sale often....at least not in my area. As stated above, these boats are not getting cheaper unless they need work.

trayson
04-26-2017, 01:01 PM
I had a 92 sunsport and I sold mine for $13.5k if I remember right. so this is right there. It has similar upgrades to what mine did, and better in many ways (can't knock the Wetsounds speakers).

If you're looking for a direct drive, this is pretty turnkey and has everything addressed.