PDA

View Full Version : Built-in coolers

jonyb
12-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Has anyone modified the coolers in their Supra's? I've got a 24SSV GG with the built-in cooler and it's just too big. I mean too big because it's so long that I have to use 8 bags of ice to get any depth of ice. It holds a lot, but if I'm not hauling 10 people then it doesn't need to be that big. I'm trying to think of a way to maybe put a divider in it and cut off half of it, or just take it out and build something new.

Something else I don't like about it is that it didn't come with a drain plug and the drain wasn't sealed from the factory. I got a drain plug at Boaters World and also sealed the drain with silicone. It still leaks like crazy. Very poor design.....

myturndad
12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
i don't understand why they don't simply use a drop in cooler like mastercraft does.

that way it can go from house to lake and back to house and not be a pain or a mess.

just my .02

OUI
12-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I use a drop in cooler it fits perfect, it's about 1/2 the size of the built in one, and it leave pleanty of room for other things that don't need ice.

jonyb
12-21-2007, 07:13 PM
I use a drop in cooler it fits perfect, it's about 1/2 the size of the built in one, and it leave pleanty of room for other things that don't need ice.

And where do you put this drop-in cooler? In any storage area? or just out in the floor? Most of the time I just take one and put it in front of the bench seat, but when you've got one built-in it's pretty ridiculous to have to kill footroom...

OUI
12-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Jonyb, I put the drop in cooler into the built in cooler. I'm sorry that concept was too complicated for your to comprehend.[/quote]

jonyb
12-22-2007, 12:30 PM
THanks smartass.

You didn't mention if you took out the existing cooler so you had more space, didnt mention what size the cooler is, didn't say where you put it....

I comprehend pretty well when something's communicated correctly.

myturndad
12-23-2007, 10:28 AM

that must be one heck of a small cooler. :cry: don't think it would hold much.

OUI
12-27-2007, 11:36 AM
The smaller cooler holds about 5 lbs of ice and a 12 pack. There's enough room left in the built-in to hold 3 or 4 liters of booze and mix, or anything else you want to keep dry.

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
01-03-2008, 03:08 PM
If you come up with a divider let me know, as I could use one as well. I have always thought a great place for the cooler would be the rear facing seat behind the driver.

Pdowling1
01-03-2008, 07:55 PM
On my 2006 Launch the cooler is right there, under the rear facing jump seat.