PDA

View Full Version : adjustable transom wake plate and CNC prop- is either good for reducing slalom wake?

johngtate
05-01-2017, 03:48 PM
I have an open bow Conbrio but the cheaper one without the adjustable wake plate. My wake is larger than I'd like at slalom speeds- would adding a wake plate with adjustments help or is this designed to only work at trick skiing/wakeboarding speeds? If any of you have seen improvements I'd like to find one to add to my boat. I'll post some wake pics.

Am also considering upgrading to a CNC machined OJ prop that replaces the old original 13x13 OJ cast prop, but am not sure if that will help either.

cadunkle
05-01-2017, 10:12 PM
I recall an article where various 3 and 4 blade prop were tested for ski wake size, firmness, and spray, I believe on a CC. It was interesting but I'm not an avid slalom skier so I don't recall the verdict. Maybe some food for google-fu...

johngtate
05-02-2017, 11:30 AM
There is an excellent one on the MC forum and they claim that a CNC prop version of the old stock 13x13 OJ makes a world of difference. Not sure on our Supra hulls though. Willling to try one out. Here is my wake at 14 mph, 29 mph, and 30 mph. I am not skiing much above 31 these days, and the wake is not as good as the newer boats I've been behind recently (no surprise). It's not big, just really hard.

foxriverat
05-02-2017, 01:09 PM
I have a 96 ts6m comp and all I do is slalom in the course. If your wake plate is even with bottom of boat thats where it should be for slalom. No need to adjust. I went from my old oj 13x13 3 blade to acme 541 cnc 3 blade and found no difference in wake size but it did make the troft harder. I returned it for a non cnc 4 blade 13x13 oj force and it softened the troft some and worked best in my opinion for slalom. I also put a straightline big bag 150 under front hull on passengers side and run a half tank gas. The 22 off hump on these boats aren`t the friendliest.

cadunkle
05-04-2017, 08:37 PM
It's not big, just really hard.

A neighbor who is more into slalom commented the wake behind my Saltare was hard compared to his I/O. I'd imagine a Saltare wake would be wildly different than a TS6M wake though.

crystal waters
05-05-2017, 10:18 AM
I have an 89 conbrio classic with a 1:23 reduction transmission.
Several years ago I went to Nettles for a four blade prop.
Below is their comment:

The Acme 422 (12.5x15.5 4B RH 1" bore) is a great prop for right hand rotation 1:23 applications.

I purchased the above and find my hole shot so much quicker / positive.
We ski at 36 mph and the wake is soft and virtually non existent.
Very pleased with this choice of propeller.

With regards to adjustable wake plate I concur with " foxriverrat" comments re same.

Enjoy!