PDA

View Full Version : boatcover advise

mvd1968
05-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Hi

Living in Europe and owning an supra SSV 22 launch. Model 2009. With tower
I bought it with the standard all weather supra boatcover. Loved that cover.
After 8 years of rain etc its time for a new one.

Custom made will be to expensive so i am looking for a very durable boatcover with an perfect fit that covers the sundeck. Should be able to handle the rain and winds here in the Netherlands.

If you have any advise? Or should i be able to buy an original supra cover that was delivered with the new boat?

Regards

Eurobound
05-24-2017, 01:33 PM
I was just looking into the same thing for a 2002 Supra Launch. I've read that making it is time consuming and expensive if you don't get it right. Look for Top Gun or Sunbrella material. The type of thread and sewing machine you use are also something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

2001Sunsport
05-24-2017, 01:52 PM
I was recommended to a place in Flint, MI called www.skiboatcovers.com. Guy said they have all the dimensions for Supra boats. His cover looked really nice and fit well.

crystal waters
05-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Hi

Living in Europe and owning an supra SSV 22 launch. Model 2009. With tower
I bought it with the standard all weather supra boatcover. Loved that cover.
After 8 years of rain etc its time for a new one.

Custom made will be to expensive so i am looking for a very durable boatcover with an perfect fit that covers the sundeck. Should be able to handle the rain and winds here in the Netherlands.

If you have any advise? Or should i be able to buy an original supra cover that was delivered with the new boat?

Regards

Skiboatcovers.com.
Used them for several boats.
Great fit and variety of materials and colors.
They have your template on file

Wulphie
05-25-2017, 04:11 PM
I don't like to rely on a cover alone and it is nice to be able to air the boat out after use to cut down on condensation.

Do you have anything like this available to you?

https://www.versatube.com/building-kits/carports-shelters/?gclid=CILR6aTfqs8CFYqIfgodT5EDww

crystal waters
05-25-2017, 05:52 PM
I don't like to rely on a cover alone and it is nice to be able to air the boat out after use to cut down on condensation.

Do you have anything like this available to you?

https://www.versatube.com/building-kits/carports-shelters/?gclid=CILR6aTfqs8CFYqIfgodT5EDww

Again , skiboatcovers.com
Some fabrics are breathable.
They can also install vents into your cover to allow for your concerns.
Look them up online.