PDA

View Full Version : Steering

Michaeljahns
06-03-2017, 05:05 PM
I have a 1985 Supra. The steering propeller got broke off. I'm trying to get the steering adjusted and lined up to be able to put the propeller back on. I don't have a manual and can't find one nor can I find a diagram of the steering. Can anyone help with telling me how to get this adjusted

CJD
06-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Sure! So...ahh...what's a steering propeller?

crystal waters
06-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Sure! So...ahh...what's a steering propeller?

With respect, I believe this gentleman is seeking some help with regards to his rudder and its assembly.

Cooose
06-05-2017, 11:58 PM
I have a 1985 Supra. The steering propeller got broke off. I'm trying to get the steering adjusted and lined up to be able to put the propeller back on. I don't have a manual and can't find one nor can I find a diagram of the steering. Can anyone help with telling me how to get this adjusted

Up at the top on the right is a search box...type rudder assembly and then scroll down. To the steering adjustment thread started by titantn.

Also here is a different thread that shows how to rebuild the assembly that holds the rudder. It's like $10 in seals and snap rings. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?10163-Repairing-a-older-style-rudder-port

CJD
06-06-2017, 12:47 AM
So the rudder?! Never would have figured. I still do not get it. You install a rudder first and THEN adjust it. What part of the assembly are you having trouble with?