PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Worlds Edition

jonyb
01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Finally saw this boat in person. I was anxious because in the pics it looks awesome. I was disapointed, BIG TIME! The blue/black combo is awesome, but the graphics are horrible. They look blurry and up close they look cheap. The bubbled-out effect on the other boats werent very desirable either. Glad I got an 07 GG when I did.....

Anyone else like to share their thoughts?

f9captnemo
01-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Just got back from the boat show in Denver tonight. We looked hard at all of the tournament boats. We compared our thoughts on quality/price. Kept going back to the Supra dealer. (Larry, Pueblo West ).
There is no doubt to us that in the near future we are going to buy a 24SSV. Thats where we are at. After owning an 89 Bravura for years and years. It is time for an open bow and a few more creature comfort items.
The Supra boats had just that little bit more detail that made them more
appealing than the competition.
However, I will say that I hope that when I am into the market, within the next year or two that Supra takes the lead to get ALL seat cushions and seat backs hinged with bulletproof hinges and attaching hardware.I have always disliked having to pull seat cushions an "refit" them again and again every time I needed to access something. The two seat backs that can be set up between the windscreen are are great idea, however they are done poorly. They sound like crap (screech) as they are set up and the hardware looks and works cheap. Also a real finger killer to retract.
The other seatback that lifts on the port side, facing aft,with the skinny overcenter rods would last about 1 day with my test team on board.These seats have to be stronger and easy for a kid to use. Should be built with the ability of my drunk brother in-law to stand on.
You have got to have a dedicated removable cooler.
With all of the billet tower details, great electronics on board , a little bit of a jump on interior details may be time well spent to push these boats over the top.