PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Supra pulled kill switch now will not start.

abernathyja
07-04-2017, 08:42 PM
I have a 2005 Supra Sunsport. The boat was running fine pulling up to the dock. I forgot about kill switch and got up and it killed the engine.The boat was in neutral when this occurred. Now the boat will not start. I suspected that the problem was with the kill switch so I have temporarily hard wired the kill switch. I have unplugged the battery and reconnected. It will not start. Gas full. Turns over good . V-drive light is on as it should be. I have tried moving from forward to reverse to neutral with no effect.

Update: I have now put 2 new batteries in it. Fuses have been checked. Fuel does spray at valve stem when depressed. New batteries are on charger.

What should I do next?

Problem Resolved: I charged the new batteries fully and it started. It still doesn't make sense to me because I was hooked to a charger with it sitting on 100amp while attempting to start. The engine turned over very well. I still don't understand why it would not start before. I have some suspicion that the problem is not resolved and may happen again down the road.