PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Jamboree????

1badsupra
01-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Is anyone interested? I am working with Tim at Atlanta Marine to plan an event for this summer. It will probably be held at Lake Lanier but that has not been confirmed.

At this point I am just trying to gauge interest. The Moomba board seems to be really interested but I havent had much luck with interest in the past on the Supra board.

Reply or send me a private message with your information if you are interested so that I can keep you posted as we get plans started.

wakecrazy21v
01-29-2008, 02:41 PM
1badsupra if you got a hold of Natalie Carrera at S.C. she would be able to help you get info. to the supra moomba owners in your area. Natalie did a great job helping us out here in Portland.http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/setserr/8-5-07reunion125.jpg

Ed G
02-01-2008, 11:07 AM
in the past four years that I have been involved with the Florida Jamboree, the only posts showing any interest on this board either came from myself or Skiers Choice.

Lots of people read what's going on here, but very few ever leave their mark.

As I mentioned on the Moomba forums, 90% of the people who will be attending your event do not participate in any of the Skiers Choice forums.

That's a good thing - it's up from 95%.

Wakecrazy, you call that a lunch? Here's a lunch...

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20080201/d/1/f/d1f335675f04f1a49fd7a17f5867a0a70_large.jpg

ncarrera
02-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Ed - Those were the best burgers you've never tasted! Don't be knocking on the chefs lunch....Remember I will see you in May.

Ed G
02-01-2008, 01:47 PM
"knowcking my burgers". I'm not even going there :)

I wait with breath like bait, untill the day we meet again...

and you contribute to my upcoming salmonella episodes.

ncarrera
02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Yep, you're going to get it!

wakecrazy21v
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry Ed I had to call Natalie and tell her you where giving us a hard time. :lol: :lol: Also we are looking at doing a 2 dayer this time. P.S. hope things are good with you-all.

Ed G
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
2-dayer? God love ya.

Here in tourist world, where one can boat everyday of the year, I doubt very much that a two day jamboree would go over very well.

I don't think I could make it thru two days. Well...maybe If there were lots of beer and lasagna.

Things are good. thanks for asking and I hope the same for you!

Being a Pittsburgh boy, I'm more of a "yinz" guy and not a you-all.

SZEH
03-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Count me in...if there's enough water to get my boat in Lanier! I vote for only one day. I know several dealerships do something like this in Cocktail Cove and it turns out to be pretty sucessful. You just need to plan ahead for the DNR to show up. I've seen them bust things up like this because of lack of permits and such, so part of planning should be getting in touch with the DNR to see what they will allow.

I hope Atlanta Marine takes a active role in this too. There's a lot of Supra's on Lanier and it would be great to try to pull them together.

PM me if you want.

Scott

MovinFr8
03-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I would be interested, keep us up to date about what you put together.

zerosyce
03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm In. I just got my supra and put it in at Little Hall Park last week to test it out. If you'll post more info about dates, times and location, I will do my best to be there. Thanks

SZEH
05-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Confirmed today at Atlanta Marine that the jamboree is scheduled for July 12th. Nothing more than that, but I'll post more information as I get it. I just hope we get more water in the lake. Maybe Atlanta Marine will take care of any damage for attendees....haha

Scott

moombadaze
05-22-2008, 08:00 AM
thought i would copy the active thread on the moomba site hear
http://moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=5160

and a bunch of us are camping at this campground

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/map_of_Shoal_Creek_Ga/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71417&topTabIndex=CampingSpot