PDA

View Full Version : Supra Vision / Electrical Issue

bradycanderson
07-10-2017, 03:44 PM
I've recently started having some goofy things happening with the stereo functions, then things continued to degrade.

What I've observed...
1. Functions on the stereo were stuck. I couldn't change the source, or volume, or really anything.
--I disconnected / reconnected all power cables and things worked fine for awhile
2. Problem on stereo popped up again. This time the Vision screen also went black and all toggles on port side of steering wheel went out.
--I cycled the power again and things worked fine for another week.
3. Most recently after I cycled the power I got the attached screen. Symptoms 1 and 2 continue.

The boat starts fine, bilge works, etc. I'm fairly certain these functions run through a different circuit than the Vision system. However, all the controls on the right side of the steering wheel appear to run through the Power Distribution Module under the dashboard.

I'm thinking the Power Distribution Unit is bad OR the Vision system needs an update. When the Vision system goes black I can see it does get power because the screen changes from really black to a different shade of black. However, it never displays the "booting..." text that I usually see. Again if I were to un-plug the boat - let it sit for awhile it would likely fire back up for 1x usage, but return to symptom #2 most commonly.

Anyone seen this type of behavior and have a fix for me? Do I need to go to the dealer to update the touch screen or is there a way to do it myself?

Thanks!

Brady18227

bradycanderson
07-10-2017, 03:45 PM
NOTE: This is for a 2013 Supra SA 450.

Chiro
07-11-2017, 11:35 PM
I have a 2015 sg 400 and am having similar issues. I have been having them for 3 months. Dealer and supra and can't fix the problem. DO you have a polk head???

bradycanderson
07-12-2017, 09:29 AM
I have a clarion head unit. The speakers are Polk.