PDA

View Full Version : 07 supra 220 ssv launch

Willy.Fire
08-31-2017, 12:11 PM
Hi all.
Question I have the opportunity to purchase a 07 supra 22 ssv launch with 300 hours in pretty good overall shape. It is above what I intended on spending but the price 30,000 (Canada) is better then I have seen around. I am looking for a boat that we can use with our family with younger kids and usually 6 people on board but we have 8-10 fairly often too. Kids ski,tube and swim. Adults will want to ski (just recreational) and we want to get into surfing. Whats everyone thoughts is this is it not a great crossover style boat or would it be good for us? I do believe if its not the right boat for us I would be able to sell in the spring not loosing money. Thanks

MJHKnox
08-31-2017, 04:36 PM
6 people are very comfortable. Perfect size for that. You can do 8-10, but you will be bumping into each other a little. Kids always hang out in the bow area.
On the back seat, I have steps in the corner with the cooler and air pump in the steps. I would rather have a U-shape seats in the back area. Like most new boats.

I cannot help you with skiing. We wakeboard, surf, and tube.

Good boat. Great hull. You will not find too many complains about that year/model.

30K CAD is probably 24K US. That is a bargain for that boat. Around here there are mid-30s depending on the upgrades - stereo, ballast bags, ballast pumps, condition of hull and interior, etc.

If the motor has good compression, sounds like a no-loose deal (if that really exists).

Willy.Fire
08-31-2017, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the reply. He is listed in the 40s but really seems to need it gone. I'm in the process of trying to convince my wife right now (fingers crossed) it is about 5 k higher then what we should spend but at the price I should have no problem making a profit in the spring if we cant pay it off through the winter. Other options in my 25k range are all direct drives and nothing special. If i make the deal ill be here for some more suggestions. Im in the process off getting more info from him. From searching pics online the interior seating looks a little different then other 07's so Im wondering if he has the year mixed up. 1834218343

MJHKnox
08-31-2017, 09:06 PM
The VIN will have the year in the last 2 digits. Driver's side back corner.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MJHKnox
08-31-2017, 09:13 PM
Looks like the 06 model interior.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/6bcbb6d8dc47c0fa1aa49983e884138e.jpg

Willy.Fire
09-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Still looking into this boat. I haven't got the official answer back but Im pretty sure it is 06 as stated above from the pic. Nada value is around 9100$ difference between the 06 and 07 can someone explain this?

MJHKnox
09-04-2017, 09:46 PM
$9100 for a 2006 is not correct data.

MJHKnox
09-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Here is a 2005 in my area

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2005-Supra-22ssv-for-sale-Knoxville-Tennessee-68280.aspx

Willy.Fire
09-04-2017, 11:40 PM
Using nada
I can't remember the exact numbers but the 07 average retail is 37000 and the 06 is 28000. Or somewhere around those numbers.

MJHKnox
09-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Using nada
I can't remember the exact numbers but the 07 average retail is 37000 and the 06 is 28000. Or somewhere around those numbers.

Sorry, read that post wrong on my phone. Sounds about right.

Pretty sure there was a hull change from 2006 to 2007. That might be a little of it.
I think they had the same 325 motors.

Once you start to get 10+ years out, the hours, condition, and maintenance are more important.

Willy.Fire
09-05-2017, 01:16 PM
thanks. yes i have discovered there was a major change from 06 to 07. bigger hull 700 or more pounds difference and alot of other things. And yes i wont buy a boat that i don't have the complete preventative maintenance history from day 1

Willy.Fire
09-06-2017, 07:26 PM
ok i have came across a 06 Launch 21 dd. original owner and mint pristine condition. i have been looking awhile and have not seen a boat this clean with a history to go along with it and a price that is really fair. any opinions on the dd? I know re sale may hurt compared to a vdrive but will it that much?

MJHKnox
09-06-2017, 10:33 PM
ok i have came across a 06 Launch 21 dd. original owner and mint pristine condition. i have been looking awhile and have not seen a boat this clean with a history to go along with it and a price that is really fair. any opinions on the dd? I know re sale may hurt compared to a vdrive but will it that much?

Per one of your first posts, a DD boat lacks room for family. I know people that started with DDrive and would rather have a VDrive just for the space in the middle of the boat.

For watersports, you can ski, tube, and wakeboard just fine (if you are not into jumping wakes).
You can surf, but will not get the wave of a new VDrive.

There are a lot of DDrive owners on here. They can chime in. I've never owned one, just skied on them.

Willy.Fire
09-06-2017, 11:16 PM
yes good point. I live in area with little population so any boat i find will be a distance away which is making it tough. I have also looked into a 02 launch ssv. Nada values it much lower i think 8500 lower but they are priced the same. Would a 02 ssv hold its value better then a 06 direct drive?

MJHKnox
09-07-2017, 02:41 PM
yes good point. I live in area with little population so any boat i find will be a distance away which is making it tough. I have also looked into a 02 launch ssv. Nada values it much lower i think 8500 lower but they are priced the same. Would a 02 ssv hold its value better then a 06 direct drive?

Probably the same on value. Once you talk about getting past 10 years, the value is not going to depreciate that much. Heck, back in 2006, I recall SC having 10+ different models out there. Compare that to the 4 now: SR, SA, SL SE.

Back in 2006, the DDrive were pretty small by today's-standards. I think they were in 20' and 21'.
Most the VDrives were 22/23' Launch and SSV. There was a 21' VDrive also.

I would rather have the VDrive in the 22'-23' for the room and storage.
Probably both fuel injected if you compare the motors

Willy.Fire
09-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Thanks i keep hearing it over and over to buy a v-drive or you more then likely will regret it down the road either when it comes to usage or resale.

Jenvey
09-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Thanks i keep hearing it over and over to buy a v-drive or you more then likely will regret it down the road either when it comes to usage or resale.

I will also put my vote in for the v-drive. We have a 2008 Supra launch 20 SSV. we love it. Would we like a bigger boat? Sure. But this one fits in the garage. It is fine for our family of four and all of their stuff. This summer we even had an extra 5 guests all day for 5 days. It was crowded but we managed. We have upgraded all of the ballast as we like to surf and have the boat dialled in with an awesome wave. The wakeboard wave is decent for big jumps as well.
I don't know anything about the change in hill design so can't help you there. I also have only been on a direct drive boat once and that hump makes for a VERY crowded boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk