PDA

View Full Version : 07 22 SSV 325 HP - dies coming off plane

Jeh2121
09-24-2017, 07:38 PM
I have a 2007 SSV with the 325 hp Indmar. When I run on plane, and come back down to idle, slowly or quickly, the boat stalls and dies. It wil not start like normal now. It takes 5-10 minutes of cranking while priming he motor with the throttle out of gear. It will eventually start and will run fine until i come back down off plane. Then, I have to repeat. Engine has new plugs and fuel filter. The issue is present over multiple tanks of fuel from different marinas. Any ideas?

MJHKnox
09-25-2017, 09:05 AM
I would first have your fuel pressure checked. It should be 60 PSI. It could be a bad pump. Get some readings when the boat is running on load then backing down.

If you are getting something higher, like 90 psi with the engine running, it could be an indication of a restricted fuel return line or a clogged/bad fuel pressure regulator. There is information around on how to replace the pump or regulator.

Also read about people have something (trash) in the fuel lines or the boat going to limp-mode due to oil pressure sensor or similar sensor. Hopefully the engine is throwing a code if this is the problem. You would need a scan tool for reading codes

I would start with the focus on the fuel system, but other areas:
Is the boat overheating at all?
Recently tune-up or changes to the ing system?
Fluids all OK?

Jeh2121
09-25-2017, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=MJHKnox;130147]I would first have your fuel pressure checked. It should be 60 PSI. It could be a bad pump. Get some readings when the boat is running on load then backing down.

If you are getting something higher, like 90 psi with the engine running, it could be an indication of a restricted fuel return line or a clogged/bad fuel pressure regulator. There is information around on how to replace the pump or regulator.

Also read about people have something (trash) in the fuel lines or the boat going to limp-mode due to oil pressure sensor or similar sensor. Hopefully the engine is throwing a code if this is the problem. You would need a scan tool for reading codes

I would start with the focus on the fuel system, but other areas:
Is the boat overheating at all?
Recently tune-up or changes to the ing system?
Fluids all ok.

Boat is not overheating and fluids are all good. The tune up was the first thing the dealer did after this issue presented itself. I am no expert but it seems the boat is not getting fuel as it comes off plane and with the difficulty starting after it dies (which it fires but will not start), it defintely is not getting fuel.

leetudor
09-25-2017, 10:18 PM
What about an IAC valve or TPS?

MJHKnox
09-26-2017, 01:51 PM
That's what I would check next. Also check all and any vacuum hoses, then make sure everything is tight.

I think the TPS can be swapped out, but I thought the IAC valve needed to be calibrated in 'service mode' to get the ECU setting. Thus, getting someone with a scanning tool.

I've never replaced either them, so I would do a few searches on those topics or call Indmar with your motor #. You can probably get both parts at a local parts store. I know they are online.

Engine Nut
09-28-2017, 10:31 AM
That's what I would check next. Also check all and any vacuum hoses, then make sure everything is tight.

I think the TPS can be swapped out, but I thought the IAC valve needed to be calibrated in 'service mode' to get the ECU setting. Thus, getting someone with a scanning tool.

I've never replaced either them, so I would do a few searches on those topics or call Indmar with your motor #. You can probably get both parts at a local parts store. I know they are online.

Engines that have electronic throttle control (drive by wire) do not have IAC valves and the TPS is not a replaceable as a separate item ... the whole throttle body would need to be replaced if you have a bad TPS. We do not see many TPS issues on these engines.