PDA

View Full Version : 2002 supra ssv in michigan for 23k OBO

fubar42000
01-18-2018, 11:19 AM
I have a 2002 supra ssv for sale in Michigan. It's white with blue accents. We are original owners and bought the boat new in 2002. Well cared for and fresh water only. 100 hours on new block as my dad about 5 years ago decided he wanted to winterize himself and it ended up cracking the block. needless to say that was a 5k mistake which was done by the supra dealer in michigan. I have paperwork for repairs. Hull has 500hrs on it. New interior in 2015 with the fabric from 2015 supra boats. Looks awesome. New stereo equipment in 2015 also. 4 new kenwood inboat speakers and a 12" kicker sub underneath driver console. 8" rockford tower speakers and 3 new alpine amps. Sounds great. Led lights throughout. I put in the upgraded 750lbs rear bags and 1180 center bag. Boats been great and never had any issues with it besides the cracked block. I custom made a surf platform out of 1" 1/4" hdpe with new gatorstep pad and i do have old platform. We use the suck gate for surfing and the boat does well. It's currently shrink wrapped so the pictures would be of the hull with it wrapped. I added a standard pic just to give you guys an idea of the colors but it's basically the same boat. If there is serious interest we could take wrap off for someone to look at the interior. feel free to ask me any questions. Number is 7346456825.

Thanks for looking
Jason

Zkdk3000
01-18-2018, 02:33 PM
PM'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fubar42000
01-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Let’s be reasonable with offers please.

Mischief IV
01-19-2018, 12:03 AM
To be fair, your forum name is Fubar and there are no pics of the boat.

The internet is a cruel mistress. Good luck with the sale.

MJHKnox
01-19-2018, 01:19 AM
Looks like you are a few thousand lower than most 2002-2003 models. You have good upgrades described in your post.

I agree with the post above and no pics of the actual boat.
?? Out of town buyers to take a trip to MI w/o pics ?? Maybe so.

It should sell. Good luck.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

fubar42000
01-19-2018, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info. It will sell I have no doubt about that. The boat is an hour away from me. No i have no pics of the boat at the moment. Not to mention i'm not taking the shrink wrap off of it at the moment to take pics of it. If someone is truly interested I will take the pictures. Don't send me a PM and ask me to sell a boat at half price. It's shows the intelligence level of some people. Mischief should I judge you because of your forum name?

michael hunter
01-19-2018, 08:50 AM
Yes his forum is exactly who he really is.

fubar42000
01-19-2018, 09:03 AM
For your enjoyment I've added the only picture I have on my phone. Enjoy! Thanks for clarifying Mischiefs identity for me

Zkdk3000
01-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the info. It will sell I have no doubt about that. The boat is an hour away from me. No i have no pics of the boat at the moment. Not to mention i'm not taking the shrink wrap off of it at the moment to take pics of it. If someone is truly interested I will take the pictures. Don't send me a PM and ask me to sell a boat at half price. It's shows the intelligence level of some people. Mischief should I judge you because of your forum name?

Lol, take a hike. 16 year old boat. Have some respect no need to call my offer out. It's winter, apparently you've never sold a boat before. I can enlighten you if need be.

Mischief IV
01-19-2018, 12:59 PM
fu·bar
ˈfo͞obär
adjective
out of working order; seriously, perhaps irreparably, damaged.
"That boat with the cracked engine block is fubar."

1940s: acronym from f*cked up beyond all recognition (or repair ).

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
“Hey everyone, another millennial doesn’t understand sarcasm on the internet!” 😬

fubar42000
01-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Ah Zkdk wasn't your offer i called out. Another member offered 12K. Mischief I am not a millennial. I'm not shocked that this forum has died over the past 5 years. "People helping people is a powerful thing"

fubar42000
01-19-2018, 01:52 PM
I apologize if I rubbed anyone of you the wrong way. That's not who I am or what i'm about. I said offers of half the price. My apologies. I guess I should of stated that in my second post. Your offer was not who I was calling out. Again folks I'm just selling a boat and love boating as much as all of you. I'm not here to argue. More than likely my boat will be sold locally or turned into dealer. I appreciate all of your thoughts and insight to help sell a boat. I've used this forum for 10 years mainly as a reader to fix and upgrade my own boat. I will continue to do so as a reader.

Mischief IV
01-19-2018, 05:00 PM
I'm cool, but I think you took my first post out of context. I found it amusing that people would low ball you for half...and that's F**ked up and that's why I mentioned your forum name. It made me laugh. Obviously, not everyone gets my sense of humor.
I believe if you are going to sell a boat (online) and want serious money, then have pics of the boat available so people have an idea of the condition and the color. Your response to me sounded like something a millennial would say and then you proved my point about the internet being a cruel mistress as the thread lit up with responses.

Honestly, to me it's just another 16 year old boat on the internet. What sets yours apart from the rest? Is it all the things you mention? If I can't judge for myself then it does not interest me. I think it is a fair price for what you describe and to get into a V-drive for that money is great but if I can't look at pics, I'm moving on to the next 16 year old boat on the internet. I thought I was helping you understand why you obviously got several low ball offers.

P.S. I think the forum is alive and well. It did fall off from where it was five years ago but that is thanks to a certain Moomba owner that made this forum his personal daily blog at one point. It drove most of the regulars with Classic Supras away in record numbers as the discussions got off topic but several of us found a way to circumvent it...we got together at a reunion and exchanged phone numbers.
Today, instead of putting something on here, we can call or text anyone in the group and get immediate response. Don't forget the Facebook group page also became active and social media makes it more appealing than this forum. Again, good luck with the sale.

MJHKnox
01-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Don't send me a PM and ask me to sell a boat at half price. . . ?

Ouch.

MJHKnox
01-19-2018, 07:47 PM
Yes his forum is exactly who he really is.

I agree. Ha ha!!

MJHKnox
01-19-2018, 07:48 PM
Those are my two contributions for the day. I’m out.

Jetlink
01-20-2018, 12:56 AM
Those are my two contributions for the day. I’m out.

Quitter...

MJHKnox
01-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Quitter...

Happy Hour . . .

2001Sunsport
01-21-2018, 04:02 PM
Just curious, it's posted for 23k here but 21k on the Detroit Craigslist

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/d/2002-supra-launch-ssv/6465209398.html

fubar42000
01-21-2018, 05:10 PM
Thanks Sunsport I renewed a craigslist ad the other day. Didn’t realize that. I’d take 21k if someone wanted it though.

fubar42000
01-22-2018, 12:33 PM
Found a couple pics of interior. Nothing real close but it's the best I could do at the moment.

scottschmitt
01-22-2018, 12:52 PM
Looks sharp. Hope you fine a buyer.